Currently Free Kindle Books on Amazon Japan

キノの旅 (Comic) Volume 1 Volume 2

4 Likes

Thank you for this thread! :blush:

I’d never heard of キノの旅, but a manga about a girl and her (talking?!) bike… Downloaded!
Her bike looks kind of like mine :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

There was also previously a book club, but I believe that was for the novels while this sale is for the manga.

2 Likes

Oh thank you for the heads up! That will definitely be helpful once I’m good enough to start reading intermediate club picks! (I’m still at a manga or kids book level for now :blush:)

4 Likes

The first five volumes of Silver Diamond are currently free on Amazon Japan:
Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3, Vol 4, Vol 5

This series holds a special place in my heart; it’s the one that got me learning Japanese! Quick summary from Amazon:
“Rakan, an orphan with no knowledge of his past, meets Chigusa, a mysterious man who tells him he is a Sanome, someone who can control how plants grow, as they battle against assassins and monsters from another world.”

The manga’s got a great sense of humor with a plot that slowly builds into a very satisfying conclusion. The mangaka’s the same as the one who wrote 氷の魔物の物語, for any who’ve read that.

1 Like

Thanks for that great tip! I used to have the Skybooks app for public property book titles in Japanese, but they stopped updating the app (as far as I can tell).

Moar free books for a limited time:

Attack on Titan, vols 1-3: vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

Princess Jellyfish, vols 1-3: vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

One of the Ascendance of a Bookworm books, I believe. I’m not sure if it’s the manga/LN, but here you go: link

Knights of Sidonia, vol 1-3: vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

It looks like a good chunk of the Crayon Shin-chan manga is on sale for ¥30 apiece as well; here’s a link to the first volume for those interested. You can find the rest of the books by scrolling down the page a bit.

7 Likes

Thanks! I just got the Princess Jellyfish volumes from that bunch!

1 Like

Been a while, but more free manga has popped up on my radar.

Fire Force, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Shaman King, vol 1, vol 2
Shaman King: The Super Star, vol 1
Sweetness and Lightning, vol 1, vol 2
Boarding School Juliet, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Devil’s Line, vol 1, vol 2
Parasyte, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
To Your Eternity, vol 1
Sakura Wars, vol 1
Air Gear Unlimited, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Nodame Cantabile, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Osen, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

6 Likes

Limited time, July 19th for volumes 2-5 and through September for volume 1, but several Fruits Basket volumes are free. Can join along in the book club :wink:

vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4, vol 5

9 Likes

One more that popped up today:

Yozakura Quartet: vol 1, vol 2

3 Likes

Thank you, all of you, for the links!

1 Like

First two volumes of 徒然チルドレン are free on Amazon right now.

1 Like

First three volumes of 甘々と稲妻 are free right now.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B075GWC7ZB

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding Amazon free kindle books, do you know if they are like a purchase or someday they will vanish from your Kindle when you synchronize?

I am almost certain that I watched all of the anime episodes of 甘々と稲妻 but I cannot remember much… I just have this vague feeling I loved it. I wonder if this is a sign I’m getting too old…

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve only read the manga, and definitely loved it. Been meaning to watch the anime. Basic plot summary, to jog your memory: widowed father teams up with lonely mother-is-always-at-work teenager to cook meals for his young daughter.

1 Like

It depends. If it says 限定 somewhere (usually it’s in the title) it’s temporary, and the end date will be specified somewhere on the page. If it doesn’t, you own it and can read it whenever.

Note: it says more than 限定, but I don’t remember the whole phrase off the top of my head.

2 Likes

Card Captor Sakura is currently free:

And Clear Card:

4 Likes

Detective Conan 名探偵コナン manga volumes up to 30 are limited time free until Nov 1.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0756ZYR24?binding=kindle_edition&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_tukn

4 Likes