ChristopherFritz's Study Log

It looks like 2020 is starting with both ups and downs.

The downside: I planned to add one vocabulary word into iKnow each day. Since I can make my own deck using cards from their core 6000 decks, I figured I could easily find words I don’t know in my daily reading to add. And so far, every word I’ve had to look up, is not in iKnow’s core 6000 deck… (And they’re not in WaniKani, either! For example, 担任 and 通称.) I may just have to dust off Anki and start creating cards again…

The good side: I went into reading the picture book 「もしかしたら名探偵」 thinking I’d read the first “case part” of the three stories within, and I’ve managed to finish it already. But I’m holding off on starting the next book, as I’m carefully going through the pages of this one to see where I need to look up vocabulary and (especially) grammar.

As @Rowena has been doing with Kitty Detectives, I’ve been typing up kanji-ified versions, as well as doing English translations. I decided to try and be a little more fancy with one of the stories from 「もしかしたら名探偵」, but I think fitting the content into the pages, while nice for re-reading, probably has used up too much of my precious reading/learning time… (But it was fun.) ((Maybe I can instead use that time for making Anki cards.))

Left to right, original, kanji-ified, English:

(Oops, I have a (はなし)し in there…)

Back to reviews.

4 Likes