Does anyone know where to find/have any (free) children’s books in pdf that I can start reading? i remember finding some months ago but I lost the link…
Not sure if this is what you were talking about, but
The only ones for native children I have bookmarked are :
- https://www.ehonnavi.net/ (I don’t know if this is still the case, but a year or two ago you could read through each book in their catalogue once, you’d have to make an account though)
The Beginner Book Club is currently reading a collection of children’s stories which is also freely available on the web. Plus you can read with others, ask questions about grammar and chat about the contents. We just started the third story yesterday, so you can hop straight in if you like:
(this is a copy paste of a comment I wrote yesterday in an other thread. Sorry for the laziness)
Here is my most extensive list of graded readers :
- Japanese books for beginners : LearnJapanese : I shared these a while ago and it turned out to be my biggest contribution to the Japanese learning community ever since someone later stitched them into a big PDF which is shared on a regular basis (here 2021 updated Free Tadoku graded reader PDFs 1,796 total pages for reading : LearnJapanese ). The funny thing is that they were almost the top 3 Google result but it seems that people are too lazy too search for answers these days…
- https://jgrpg-sakura.com/ there are some Graded readers there as well but under a more restrictive license and you have to sign up. This is the only place that has Graded readers for advanced learner though.
- Found new graded readers + easy mangas : LearnJapanese I also shared other Graded readers I found there. Not as many and mostly for beginners.
- japanese, learn, manga / Crystal Hunters (自然な日本語版) - pixiv Crystal Hunters : a manga in very easy Japanese
I am personally working on a project that aims to provide content to read to absolute beginners. It is here : https://drdru.github.io/stories/intro.html
There are about 60 stories but only the first 27 have been proofread by a native speaker. As written somewhere else on this forum, throughout the stories :
Words are introduced using Emojis and others are derived from the context by the reader. They are then repeated as often as possible to act like a natural SRS. The idea is that if you keep reading, you assimilate easy words and learn new ones on the way without having to stop to check the meaning of a word in a dictionary.
Thanks a lot!
Just what i was looking for.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.