Challenge: Write a sentence in Japanese every day!

3 Likes

挑戦(チャレンジー)

毎日(まいにち)日本語(にほんご)(ひと)つの文章(ぶんしょう)()く!

。。。のが文法的(ぶんぽうてき)(ただ)しいのかな?

1 Like

You might also know them as ru- and u-verbs

4 Likes

たった今アバターを見た。すごく面白かった。

2 Likes

その映画を何度も見たことがありました。

3 Likes

全然バターって読んで、それを見てのは面白いのかって考えなかった。 :unamused:

1 Like

Hmm, I just finished a spreadsheet for myself categorizing all the ichidan/godan verbs in Wanikani up to level 10 and if they are transitive or intransitive. I find it helps a lot to see the direct comparisons/conjugations. Maybe I’ll post it here, it seems other people could benefit!

Edit: It’s been just over a month now, but I finally finished editing that spreadsheet: Japanese Transitive/Intransitive Pairs - Google Sheets. I don’t know if anybody will see/need it, but its there now. Use CTRL+F to find verbs, and feel free to make a copy to share/edit.

I separated the verbs by Godan and Ichidan, and color coded (the key is at the top) for transitive and intransitive pairs. I left irregular (-suru) verbs off to the right in their own section. Since I tried to keep similar words side-by-side, there are a lot of empty boxes.

There are some things I wasn’t sure about, however: 1. Some verbs can, from what I can tell, be used as transitive or intransitive, I marked these in yellow. 2. Some verbs are ‘expressions’ and not marked as either, I marked these in blue. 3. I didn’t find the transitive/intransitive pairs for all the words because it started to get very time-consuming (and I’m not sure they all have one). I’d appreciate if someone who knows more than me can clear these up.

I originally made the sheet to help myself distinguish transitive/intransitive verbs side by side, so I tried to keep words with the same kanji/similar meaning together. At the bottom in their own section are words from my own vocab Anki that I put in for good measure. Of course I would recommend learning the Wanikani mnemonics to tell apart transitive/intransitive pairs, but sometimes its good to just see them side by side. This post is for my fellow beginners, and since 6 people liked the post, I figured some people might actually want it (I haven’t forgotten!) Hope it helps!

(Should I make this a new post? I’m not really sure since I’m new to the forums.)

9 Likes

Not to mention that, to make things more confusing, ichidan verbs are sometimes called group 2 verbs while godan verbs are sometimes called group 1 verbs… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The worst part is when you don’t learn that there is a difference at all and then realize you have to go back and figure out which verbs are which :sweat_smile:. That’s why I ended up making that spreadsheet.

2 Likes

I’ve long since accepted that there are a lot of exceptions in Japanese and the main way of learning would be just to memorize as much as possible :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

ニートになってしまった。

3 Likes

何を書きましょうか。わかっていません。

1 Like

まぁね。「これはペンです」とレベル1さん達の文句は掲示板の華です。

流石 @Kumirei!

大変ですね。新型コロナウィルスのせいで、買いに行けませんね。

な…何?! @Kumirei さんが嘘をつく訳ないんですよ!

日本語で「かめ」と言います。

ichi → one, because only one form
go → five, because five different forms

文法的に問題がないと思いますが、そのつもりを表したいなら、「書くこと」は自然です。

12 Likes

Wow now things are making a lot more sense

nice DG profile pic, but NLDW takes the cake for me

also,
自分を嫌ったから川には自分を投げつ蹴た。

1 Like

下さい少ない田

I’m a total novice but I’ll try ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

私の猫和中々好きです。
Does that work? I think I got the order wrong…

I’m sorry, I know all the vocab words here, but I don’t know what you are trying to say. I’m sure it’s an easy correction, though, so what was your intended meaning?

I think you meant は? also, it should be が (Aが好きです A is likeable = I like A)

3 Likes

oh yeah, i think auto-select did that or something. Thank you for your help!

2 Likes