Can't purchase ebook because of region restrictions

I wanted to buy にゃんにゃん探偵団 on Amazon JP but apparently the purchase won’t go through because I’m living in Germany. is there something I can do to solve that?

1 Like

Have you tried CDJapan?

EDIT: Sorry, didn’t realize you wanted the ebook. There’s another one called BookLive.

2 Likes

You need to have a Japanese address(and maybe set region to Japan or something) on your account to be able to buy it(obviously doesn’t matter which one since it’s an ebook). You may also need a vpn after a few purchases(though if you get to that point you usually just have to use it for one purchase and will then be fine without it for a good while)

4 Likes

thanks alot it worked!! i just have to download their app and I’m all set

2 Likes

Just keep in mind when you enter your Japanese address and phone number that at some point Amazon may block you from logging in unless you correctly enter some parts of it again. Be sure to write down / remember what address and phone number you used.

2 Likes

I’ve never had that happen.

2 Likes

Me neither, until last week. Luckily I was finally able to remember which address I used (it was my own mailbox on one of the Japanese mail forwarding services).

I think I bought the first にゃんにゃん探偵団 off of the German amazon. Maybe the second book is also there? Have you tried that yet? It has the ungodly title of Pussy Detectives or something.

EDIT: :dabemoji:

(Also those shipping costs are based on me living in the middle of the Netherlands)

1 Like

thanks for the advice . i think i’ll try with my next books since I’m living germany

1 Like

You could also try ebook japan, I haven’t used it as much since they got bought by yahoo but last I checked they don’t care where you live.

1 Like

thank you. I tried to register on ebook Japan but I had to create a yahoo jp ID first. for that I had to put in a Japanese zip code. do you think I can put in a random zip code or will they ban my email if it’s not similar with my Adress?