This is being read as part of the Visual Novel Book Club.
BU$TAFELLOWS Home Thread
Previous Part: ヘルベチカ B
Next Part: スケアクロウ B
Reading + Choices
The info on how to unlock スケアクロウ A can be found here: BU$TAFELLOWS 💰 Unlock All Routes (Visual Novel Book Club). It is part of this week’s reading.
Choices for スケアクロウ A good and bad ending:
So the way this was presented in the guide I picked to use, the whole path to the good ending is shown, and then it notes when separate saves need to be made; the bad endings are then started from those extra saves.
It means it is easiest to play through and get the good ending first, but the info below should be easy enough to use to play the bad endings first if one so desires.
Do note that we voted to not include bad endings and extra CGs and such as part of the playthrough, but I don’t see a good reason to not include the choice info here. But feel free to skip those and focus on the good ending. The good ending is what will unlock the part we read after this one, so it is necessary while the bad endings are not.
Guides if you want to check choices yourself (link to English guide for those reading on PC)
These are the general links to the guides. You’ll need to navigate to the current route yourself.
Japanese guide #1 ← This is the one used for choices
Japanese guide #2
English guide - this is a review (that links to all the guides), so don’t read past the walkthrough links unless you are okay with spoilers. It does note when minor spoilers start and then major spoilers. Reader beware!
OBS! Since bad endings are not an official part of the book club, please put any discussions of those under its own spoiler, and not mixed in with spoilers/discussions of the good ending.
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter/part and any content in future chapters/parts.
- When asking for help, do your best to provide context. Pasted text, screenshots, descriptions, etc. Unlike book clubs we can’t flip to relevant pages, so we may need a little help identifying exactly what is being discussed.
- Feel totally at ease to ask questions or give your thoughts, any time! Clubs live and die by participation, and asking whatever question you have, no matter how silly it may seem, helps others who are reading it and even the answerer themselves.
- Have fun, and do your best to interpret anything said with as much good faith as possible
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m still reading this VN but I haven’t reached this part yet
- I am no longer reading the VN
uh yep, this one was indeed dark
Questions(after finishing the chapter):
- What kind of doctor/professor is Sauli meant to be? In helvéticas chapter it seemed like he was also some kind of surgeon/cosmetic surgeon…but the personality quiz and this chapter it seems more like he’s a psychologist or something?
- on a linked note - did I miss something or is the only attempt at addressing Scarecrow’s violent trauma reactions that one chat with Sauli? Cos uh…that doesn’t seem like enough. Boy needs some serious therapy.
- Did we find out what the deal is with Scarecrow’s dad and why he didn’t tell scarecrow he wasn’t dead for 6 years? I’m guessing because he was scared of the big organisation but seems weird given they were in contact.
- I thought this chapter was interesting, but that some elements (especially Scarecrow’s trauma/attacking the MC) weren’t really given the attention they needed.
- that said, I did really like the scene where after the MC reassures scarecrow after the attack, she’s talking to Helvética like “I said that but actually I was/am really scared” - it seemed like a really accurate representation of how sometimes you can rush to reassure/be there for someone you care a lot about even when they have hurt you - before really thinking about how you are feeling.
- I still absolutely love Scarecrow- don’t quite buy him as a romantic option for the MC yet but that might change in side B.
- I loved loved loved the Christmas party. It was so cute and lovely (and funny) to see everyone coming together to give scarecrow a nice Christmas (and to see Limbo apparently so drunk he can’t tell water from champagne )
- I continued to like Helvética in the chapter! He had some really nice moments with both scarecrow and the MC. Think I am settled now on really liking him as a friend and one of the crew…just not a romance option.
- Moz was also a standout in this chapter for me. He’s so calm in pressure situations but always keeps that core of kindness - which I felt really came out in the aftermath of the almost-strangulation scene.
[quote=“Akashelia, post:3, topic:60998”]
plus he thought that Scarecrow was dead
Ah yeah, the hostage bit makes sense but the Dad must have known that Scarecrow was alive because Scarecrow says that he faked his his death with the help of the mystery hacker, who turns out to be his dad. At least that’s what I understood but I might have got confused. Because if he is the mystery hacker that helped Scarecrow fake his own death then why couldn’t he tell Scarecrow that he was his father and not dead?
I’ve only played the ‘good route’ for this one so far (I’ve not been following a guide anymore so I’m pretty much just playing the bad routes if they are the route that I get first) so maybe I’ll go back and play the bad route when the club catches up to this point to see if I understand it better
I think this one was a bit shorter than the others but maybe I was just bad at tracking or just read a bit faster.
I also thought it was an interesting route but some things were left a bit unexplained and I expected the whole suddenly feeling like a different person and doing violent stuff would be dealt with some more… Shuu being so concerned about Teuta and Helvetica being somewhat nice made it feel like I was on their routes and not Kuro’s at some points. Let’s see how the B side is and maybe I can catch up for the finale.