BOOM! Level 60 in a little under a year (361 days)

Wow, congratulations! That’s an amazing level of consistency shown right there. Absolutely in awe at those statistics :partying_face:

5 Likes

Well done! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

3 Likes

Keeping up 6 days, 3 hours average for the entire 60-levels… truly amazing!!! Congrats!!!

2 Likes

You’re right on pace to finish in the same timeframe I did, just keep at it! Finishing at all is more important than finishing quickly.

Remember, everyone, Japanese kids spend 9 years to learn about the same number of kanji WaniKani teaches! (albeit in much more detail, but the overwhelming majority of us won’t need that level of detail in our lives, ever)

@ThePopestar This is an incredible achievement! Even ignoring the speed you finished at, the dedication and consistency is incredible, great work! Enjoy your cake of lies, and welcome to the GOLD BADGE club!

5 Likes

Congratulations.

How did you manage to go that fast with such a high accuracy?
As I go faster my accuracy begins to drop.

5 Likes

Well done!

12 Likes

Medium rare!

14 Likes

Raw!

14 Likes

That’s some real dedication. Omedetou!

4 Likes

Congratulations!

7 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

Thanks!

For me, my accuracy stayed high when I managed to split up my reviews/lessons into manageable sections. When I would do 200-300 reviews in a row (common on the 43-60 fast levels) I noticed I’d get a bit of brain fatigue and my accuracy would go down as my brain melted. So I guess the answer is that I had a lot of (too much) free time to split my reviews into.

Honestly though, I’m not sure accuracy matters as much as consistency. We’ll all get things down at different rate, and maybe the situation where we have to recall 200 things in a row is a more realistic scenario when reading.

がんばって!

7 Likes

You’ve impressed and inspired more than a few people around here with your effort.
Enjoy the afterglow knowing that you`re a continual support to others now.
You’ve inspired me (and I’ve been at this for 30 years) :wink:

2 Likes

The whole point is to have the pupils beat the master, deshou? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, congratz on your achievement! :grin::tada::tada: It’s very 快い for me to see you achieving tremendous success and that I had a bit of contribution to that :slight_smile:

Having your environment supporting you is pretty amazing! It turns into fuel for you to work hard :muscle: So I’m glad you have it :grin:

Make sure to keep things going and to use this momentum for your next challenge :fire:

8 Likes

Kind of in shock reading this. Really Amazing.

This gives me hope that i can do better.

JLPT is mostly a reading and vocabulary test, so you should be able to pass it now.

Can you watch anime without subtitles? I’ve never seen someone do that in a year.

1 Like

Yeah, its been more than 2 years and I’m still at 34.

Though i recently read two volumes of naruto in Japanese. So, I’m feeling pretty happy about that :relaxed:

3 Likes

It’s been a year and about a month for me and I should be reaching 23 in a few days. I am in no rush, I am pretty sure I will demotivate myself if I push faster than how I am doing now. Having Naruto as my “reward” after doing lessons and reviews definitely helps me maintain interest in the language. :sweat_smile:

Naruto chatty with ultraali453

Whee! Another fan of the master of “pervy jutsu” :sweat_smile:

I have been watching “marathon”-ing the series. Oh my I am at the point where (only look if you have watched up to episode 169) Jiraiya, Shizune, possibly Kakashi? are dead… :sob: I am gonna stop there in case I spoil much more.

Anyway, that’s it for my Naruto chatty with you. I hope to be able to read volumes like you have. :slightly_smiling_face: I need more grammar and vocab and kanji :nerd_face: All the best!

5 Likes

I still remember how it felt when i was able to watch my first episode of naruto shippudden (mostly) without subtitles.

I used subs2srs to make Anki decks from naruto shippudden episodes.

(I can share them too) I made like 10 of them.

2 Likes

Thank you!

It kinda depends on the anime haha. I was able to watch the Duelist Kingdom arc of yugioh without subtitles but it wasn’t always perfect. I’ve been trying to be as well-rounded as possible but because of the situation (living in the US) I don’t really get many opportunities to talk irl to Japanese people which makes my speaking and listening skills lag a bit behind. That’s why I’m going to Japan.

That anki decks for anime idea is pretty cool though. I’ve never seen Naruto so maybe I’m a bit sacrilegious :sweat_smile:

You’ve been at it for more than 2 years and you’re also reading and watchin stuff, that’s pretty impressive to me. Level on WK doesn’t always show expertise.

3 Likes

Congrats! Check out http://www.massimmersionapproach.com/ and this resource too http://www.alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/all-japanese-all-the-time-ajatt-how-to-learn-japanese-on-your-own-having-fun-and-to-fluency/

Good luck!