Biribiri Beats

True to a certain extent! :joy: I’ve accumulated these consoles over a very long period of time through a bunch of different ways, including hand-me-downs, sales, etc. I got my original Nintendo DS because I know someone who knew someone who knew someone who didn’t want theirs anymore, for example! :laughing: So no way did I make my parents buy all that, haha!

Sounds awesome! I’m totally down for any excuse to talk about video games and consoles!

2 Likes

Bookmarked and reminder is set. I will send you the 3 questions at least 3 days in advance and we can riff off of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TrinityBringer

I am not sure if I should buy PS4 games at the moment. The games are discounted at the moment and the console is not. If they decide to discount PS4 after December, I will buy it. There is no guarantee they will, if the price stays the same I may prefer not to buy. In that case I may end up with PS4 games and no console.

Talk about a catch-22 situation :joy: Do you have any sage advice?

2 Likes

Hmm, that’s the risk you end up with… I’m actually not entirely sure what to do in this situation! There’s no guarantee that the PS4 will drop again to a good price, but it is pretty likely…
Alright, if it were me, I’d definitely wait til I actually have the console! PS4 games are dropping in price anyway, so they’ll definitely go on sale again. You don’t want to end up in a situation where you have games you can’t play. I’ve done this before and it’s pretty frustrating.
But it’s a difficult situation and I recommend you use your own judgement as well! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah. I am going to wait. Not putting the cart before horse after hearing the above statement. Thanks Trinity san :slight_smile:

1 Like

@zEUs_Japanese I am not sure if you got the ping or not because it was an edit. In case you didn’t, here you go.

You got one of my favorite words :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I got it, no worries.

Which one?

1 Like

Metronome.

2 Likes

It’s probably as @TrinityBringer sempai said. Only in very rare cases games may be out of print and copies start to become expensive again. I remember when I finally got hands on “legends of dragoon” (<-- super old PS1 game) … I payed a lot. :sweat_smile:

As an anecdote: one of my friends only buys (multiplayer) games but not any consoles, since their friends have them. So, they still could throw some games into the pot when we had video games night. :smiley: …These days unfortunately it doesn’t really work since we only meet online

3 Likes

Thanks TLS san :slight_smile:

That’s an awesome way of bonding. Here’s to rooting for all of you to get back together and play the games early next year :heart:

3 Likes

@TrinityBringer san

My WK reminder tells me it is time for our planned gaming AMA (Ask Me Anything) session :metal: I have a few plans for how we want to do this. We will try a few formats and see which one feels the best.

Let us start with some basic ones. Here we go:

1. Which console are you playing heavily in the last 6 months?
  2. What are the top 3 games you enjoyed the most this year?
  3. If you had a chance to be transported into one of the characters in the 3 games mentioned above, which character would it be? and Why that character?

Let me know if I need to clarify any of the questions :slight_smile:

Take your time and reply you are free. There is no hurry :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nintendo Switch

1. Fire Emblem Three Houses
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu

Byleth from Fire Emblem Three Houses

It would be awesome to be a 先生! Especially as you get to mentor students in a military academy. :nerd_face:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile:
Whoops! Sorry @KyokaJiro-さん. I did not realize that I am not @TrinityBringer-さん.

My apologies. I guess I am on the wrong train station.
:steam_locomotive::wave::upside_down_face:
okay gotta catch the 新幹線 now. mata ne!

4 Likes

Hahaha. Thanks for sharing Tatoro san :slight_smile: I am glad you dropped in :wink:

No worries, anyone can jump in and chime :grin: it is a fun for all :metal: :partying_face:

You don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to: Why Tatoro and not Totoro in your username?

Mata Tatoro san :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome questions! Here I go!

Hmm… I’ve been flipping between the PS4, Switch and PC a lot lately. Since PC isn’t technically a gaming console, I suppose the Switch has been taking most of my attention these past 6 months! I’ve been trying to finish up Pokemon Shield, but then Animal Crossing came out and diverted my attention, hehe. After that, Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory came out (which I thoroughly enjoyed!), and then I decided to go play TWEWY: Final Remix…

So yeah, the Switch has been occupying most of my game time! It’s going to continue to do so as well, now that Persona 5 Strikers is receiving localisation. That, along with the new Monster Hunter games that are coming out, I predict that the Switch will continue to get a lot of use from me in 2021. (Heck, I still haven’t played Dragon Quest 11 or Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which are still sitting on my shelf.)

Difficult question! It’s hard to narrow down, because I’ve played a lot of different games this year… But let’s make a ranking!

3rd. Place

Ghost of Tsushima!
This game has already been praised by, what, 99% of the people on the planet so far, so I’m not going to parrot anything else people have already said. :sweat_smile:
It’s a great game!

2nd. Place

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory!
When the game was first announced, I was kinda indifferent to it. On one hand, I had been hoping for a Kingdom Hearts rhythm game ever since I played Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. On the other hand, I would’ve preferred a spinoff with that uses the core KH gameplay. Nevertheless, I pre-downloaded the game and booted it up the night it came out. And I loved it. Yoko Shimomura has always been one of my favorite musicians, so getting to experience her music in an entirely new way was amazing. Now, I am a rhythm game fan as well, and this game quickly rose to be one of my favorite rhythm games. It also helped to wash the Kingdom Hearts 3 taste out my mouth. :stuck_out_tongue:

And finally… The moment you’ve been waiting for…
:sparkles:1st. Place :sparkles:
Your Turn To Die!
Before I get into my experience with this game…
CRIES
SOBS
WEEPS
Alright, time to continue. :joy:
I’m not even sure I can properly put my feelings about this game into words yet, but let me say that it has already made me cry, laugh and scream, and I’m only 5 and a half hours in. (A little bit into chapter 2, part one). So yeah, I’m not even done, and it’s already my favorite game out of the ones I’ve played this year. In fact, if it continues the way it has so far, it will easily be one of my favorite games ever. It really has reminded me why I love indie games so much. I’ve been trying extremely hard to avoid any kind of spoilers for this game, so much so that I’m not even going to try and find a higher quality image of it for this post. :joy: I’ve gotten my friend to play it, so I’m waiting until she catches up a bit before I continue playing. Meaning I’m going to be dodging spoilers like the plague for a little longer!
Again, I don’t want to talk too much about this one since I’m not done, but so far it’s been amazing. I really hope I’m not jinxing it with this post…
*(Note: this game gets extremely disturbing, so I don’t recommend it unless you’re ready and willing to suffer.)

Well, definitely not any of the characters from YTTD! :sweat_smile: I’m not sure I want to be in Ghost of Tsushima either, not to keen on having to kill folks and all…
So that leaves KH:MoM… I guess I’ll be Ventus?!

I mean… He’s a cute little guy with many people that love him, he holds his weapon with a reverse-grip, which is wicked cool (although complete useless IRL), and most importantly? He got to (spoiler) sleepfor 10 years, and what’s better than that? :joy:

Really fun questions! I took a long time to think them through. Looking forward to the next round! But I want to hear you answer them as well!

2 Likes

@BIsTheAnswer Your special edition Thank You is ready :grin: You should have already received a ping from my tag. If not, you know where to look at :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing Trinity San :slight_smile: That’s awesome :metal:

Regretfully, I haven’t played any major ones in the last 6 months, only a few mobile games. I can answer the same questions for those mobile games or for the books I read. Let me know which one you prefer and I can answer for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I saw it. You’re way too nice :grin: Thank you again for writing something so kind, I really appreciate it. :grin:

3 Likes

Why not BOTH!? :grin:

1 Like

I typed a little too much today :joy: Will answer both of them tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://community.wanikani.com/t/arran-from-amagi/33565/3?u=kyokajiro

Is this a “Sk8er Boi” song reference from Avril Lavigne, Belthazar san?

1 Like