@Belthazar’s poem research club for the betterment of everyone’s education: reading マンガ✖くり返しでスイスイ覚えられる百人一首

Alright, I’ve updated a bit the OP and turned it into a wiki.
I’ve also closed the polls and put them behind a detail section just in case we need them later. (Probably not, but you never know)

3 Likes

I have the book!

8 Likes

That was much faster than I thought! Maybe I was too conservative with the starting date…

4 Likes

I don’t know, might take longer for people who ordered from elsewhere

4 Likes

I’ll only be starting N4 level grammar on BunPro this week, but I’ll definitely be following.

I’ve always been interested in tanka.

2 Likes

Got mine in last week as well! Didn’t realize it had a whole explanation for each poem included (though I haven’t read any yet, so I have no idea how in depth those are).

Pretty excited to learn more about them!

5 Likes

I received a copy of it too.

At this point I don’t think I will be actively doing the research (too many plates spinning right now unfortunately). But that might change in the future.

I will be reading along and following the threads though.

4 Likes

Just making sure here - we start with the deciding who’s doing what on the 18th? Not the jumping into discussions? Or was it both?

Also, just checking, but is anyone still waiting for their book? :eyes:

3 Likes

I am :cry:

2 Likes

I was thinking both :thinking: if that turns out to be inconvenient, I guess we can start deciding one week early.

I was thinking we set up a poll on each Saturday for the next five poems, so everybody can assign themselves to one of them, and then we get cracking during that week and post our findings. The following Saturday we move to the next set of poems. (I guess that’s what you had in mind as well?)

I doubt this will work too well, as people will probably not always wait until the following week to post and discuss their findings (which I can totally relate to, but it will probably add more chaos and confusion…)

EDIT: By the way, do we want to have individual threads for the weeks? I was thinking that’s unnecessary at first, but now I wonder whether it would be a nice thing to have… (and it might help to counterbalance the chaos if we decide to wait for a week after deciding the poems)

5 Likes

My book has arrived!

6 Likes

Just in time! :smiley:

1 Like

I think that sounds good. I was mostly just checking whether my excitement was appropriate yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for the thread, I suppose we can just see how much traffic there is for a bit and then decide if opening a new thread (semi)regularly makes sense in this case.

To be honest I’m still not quite sure what exactly we’ll be using the thread for, haha.

2 Likes

I don’t expect it to be much different than what you and others already used it for, starting from here:

and going on for the next 15 posts or so :joy_cat:

4 Likes

That sounds like interesting times! :joy:

1 Like

I think this is a good idea too.

+1

2 Likes

I’m happy to play it by ear a la this for the thread creation.

I’m also happy with the poll idea.

I read the introduction and now I wish I had bought a set of cards to go with it.

4 Likes

Lock down activity: make your own custom karuta deck.

5 Likes

And, of course, just now (well, 3 hours ago) a billion emergencies happened at once at work. I’m still swamped, and there’s no sign it’s going to get better in the next few hours so… I don’t know when I’ll be able to post the starting post. Sorry for the delay.

3 Likes