Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread (Beginner Book Club / Aria Book Club)

Done! Thanks for taking over. :slight_smile:

I’ve now read one chapter from volume 4 and I’m going to read a second one tonight.

Here are (blank) vocab sheets for the last three volumes:

3 Likes

Thanks for the spreadsheets :slight_smile: I’ve updated the thread.

頑張って!

3 Likes

Thinking about jumping into this series for my first serious read. Might be above my level* but I think I’d like to take a break from text book studying for a while. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*overall level … not my WK level

8 Likes

Just remember that the first few pages of a book/manga are usually harder than most of the rest of the book. This was definitely the case with Aria the Masterpiece. So don’t worry if it’s overwhelming at first. :slight_smile:

If you have any questions that aren’t already answered in a chapter’s thread (or aren’t answered to your liking), feel free to ask. And if a chapter thread is closed, be sure to bug @CyrusS so he can reopen it. :wink:

Welcome to the land of reading and good luck! :grin:

6 Likes

@seanblue Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind :). I’m fine with it being slow-going at first. I’d really just rather be getting vocab from material and not JLPT books right now. We’ll see how far my 700 kanji can get me. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

We have now reached the optimal number of chapters and can probably stop reading further.

7 Likes

I ain’t gonna push “like” on this, because while I do see the relevance of the number, we are not amused by the joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would quite happily push “like” another 41 times if I had the option :joy:well at least one of us is amused!

4 Likes

Any Anki wizards know how to import the vocab sheet into a deck … or should I just get plugging away at entering it all myself? lol (I’d be happy to do that if necessary).

Apologies if this has been asked … searched and didn’t find anything.

I think @Radish8 already created a deck on Kitsun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m already pretty invested in anki but it ended up being really simple to import a spreadsheet into a deck … good to know!

1 Like

I’m guessing you just export as csv and import that?

1 Like

Exactly. Super easy, just not something I’d ever done before and I’m no Anki expert so I didn’t know it was a thing you could do until I tried. :sweat_smile: All of my decks and cards are self-made.

Glad to know it’s so simple to do. I’m working on a Made in Abyss vocab spreadsheet and I’m happy it’ll take me two seconds to make a deck out of …

1 Like

Guess we are reading further anyway.

4 Likes

Every week the upload is coming a tiny bit earlier.

1 Like

Now I’m behind by another chapter. :sweat_smile:
I’ll be caught up this week for sure though.

3 Likes

I’m assuming so, considering you are so close now!

@Belthazar Which chapter is it (future chapter for those avoiding spoilers) where Akari and the others have to work with other Undine? I don’t remember much from the anime so I’m not explaining it that well, but if anyone knows it’s you!

1 Like

The traghetto chapter? That’s just Akari, though. Unless you had something else in mind?

If that is the one you were thinking of, that’s Navigation 58… I think.

2 Likes

Dang it’s annoying wondering whether or not to click on blurred out text!

1 Like