Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread

Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 61: クローバー

ariamasterpiece7

Start Date: November 16th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 60.5
Next Chapter: Chapter 62

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book
0 voters
2 Likes

You just gonna keep posting the vocab sheet from volume 5? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes.

gdi

2 Likes

I swear, the cover image of this volume is packed with spoilers front and back…

Edit: Ok, chapter done read. Out of curiosity, how would people translate 一番最後ピリっけつ into English? :slightly_smiling_face:

Flashback origin story that explains aspects of a character - we’ve seen it before in Aria, but it’s something that seems to occur in a lot of long-running manga/anime series.

Akira and Aika are quite similar when you think about it. Both hot headed with moments of self-doubt. I guess Alicia and Akari have similar characteristics too. Alice and Athena don’t seem to be quite as obviously similar though.

5 Likes

I figure Akira and Aika match because Aika’s parents specifically paired her with a senior who wouldn’t take any guff from her, and Alicia and Akari match because they both fit the mould of the sort of person who gets hired by Aria Company. For Athena and Alice, though, it was more a case of Orange Planet putting their two shining stars together - Athena the water fairy with Alice the rowing prodigy.

But yes, Aria definitely likes to use generational similarities as a recurring theme. Like senior, like junior.

5 Likes

It’s リ (the worst student of a class) :stuck_out_tongue: also there’s no kanji in my version.

3 Likes

Whoa, I can’t believe we’re actually on the last volume :o So weird…
Ah, we finally learn the origin of Akira’s nickname ^^ That was a nice chapter. Tiny little kitten Hime is adorable, as is tiny Aika :3

I knew what she meant because of the kanji, but I definitely also read the furigana as ピリ and was confused, dang these tiny furigana xD

4 Likes

あのドジっ子さも千人に一人ですが :laughing:

6 Likes

What a nice way to start the volume. :blush:

4 Likes

I finally finished my placement yesterday, and can allow myself time to read beyond Sunday evenings. Let me just say I am very happy to be back with you (and frantically scrambling to catch up!)

Pretty sure I read it this way too, and I did pause long enough to think “I wonder what that means” followed very quickly by “someone is bound to have looked it up and put it on the thread”.
So thank you all. :smile:

3 Likes