Anything I should know before going premium?

I’m getting ready to take the leap and pay for a years subscription of premium, any advice before I do so?

4 Likes

I would consider that they usually have a year-end discount on the lifetime, which makes it a tougher choice between yearly/lifetime.

On the other hand, when they have done that in the past, they have pro-rated the annual so the unused portion causes a further discount on the lifetime subscription. So I say go for it.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’d say it’s safe to buy annual and upgrade to lifetime during the sale if they want to.

2 Likes

I’m in the same position right now (though I’m only thinking of getting a monthly subscription and not yearly). I wanted to also ask to anyone who has been here for a while if there are ever discounts for the monthly subscription during Christmas season or any time of the year?

They haven’t in the past; it’s tough to discount $9.00 very much.

2 Likes

I plan to just start paying monthly once I get through the free levels. Even though you save a bit going lifetime, I’m not in a position to afford that all in one go…gotta budget :sweat_smile:

That’s what I do. I have a track record of losing interest in things and moving on to something else. At this point though, I’d have been better off with a yearly, and probably a lifetime will have saved me money. But now if I get the lifetime I would have paid more than a year’s worth of monthly PLUS a lifetime fee… I’ve kind of locked myself out of the choice by waiting.

That said, I still might do the lifetime at a discount, because I think I’ll want to be able to review for a long, long time to come.

5 Likes

My recommendation as someone who has a yearly subscription at level 46–get the lifetime subscription as soon as possible. Maybe not right now, since there might be a discount in a few months.
I’m not sure what kind of advice you want though. Just keep at it ^o^? The amount of material can get overwhelming at times but if you’re committed to working on it everyday you’ll get through it. And getting to level 60 isn’t actually the end. You still have a lot to burn after that.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say you save “a bit”. Most people don’t finish in 1 year. Many don’t reach level 60 in 2 years and then if you want to burn everything, you’ll end up paying for 3 years or maybe more.
I didn’t want to do lifetime because I didn’t know if I’d be that committed but now I wish I had just done lifetime.
I totally understand your situation because I’m in it too but this is something I didn’t think about at the beginning so I thought I’d bring it up so you can consider it. You should do whatever you think is best for you, though, so if you still think monthly is best then do that.

5 Likes

I definitely see how much sense it makes to pay for lifetime! I guess my situation is a bit different since I’m starting fresh with Japanese after 4 years of mandarin. I’ll probably see how the first 6 months go, and if everything is good, then it will encourage me to just get the money together for lifetime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ugh same … I didn’t think I’d be hanging around for so long or I would’ve just saved money and paid for lifetime instead of two years of yearly :joy: I’m gonna get lifetime during the sale this year though, hopefully

1 Like

Just curious, are you planning to go through a second time at some point? I got lifetime after a year of annual, and while I don’t think I made full use of the lifetime subscription I don’t regret getting it.

3 Likes

Probably not tbh, I just wanna burn everything at this point. If I ever stopped learning for some reason and forgot a lot I might reset to level 30 - 40.

2 Likes

She still has almost 2000 lessons and 2000 apprentice items to take care of before she finishes her first time through.

5 Likes

Pay no attention to the man apprentice count behind the curtain on the profile.

8 Likes

Speaking of that, do we know of anyone ever who was stubborn enough to get to 0/0/0/0/X on the profile?

1 Like

rfindley I think?

2 Likes

*checking*
Damn close! One guru :smiley:

1 Like

How do you see someone‘s dashboard stats?

Go to your own profile; in the URL replace your user name with theirs.

2 Likes