Anybody seeing long latency when loading the reviews page?

It’s taking anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds to load the reviews page these days. This is new in the last 7 to 14 days. When I examine network traffic I see it hanging on chat-assets.frontapp.com. I disabled userscripts globally and turned off ghostery, although it still blocked something, but I don’t think that’s related.

Anyone seen this? Anyone know what chat-assets.frontapp is? I don’t need “chat” when I’m doing reviews.

Ellided anything that might look like a guid or token below, because, well because.

Why WaniKani? Why? Do I really need/want customer support chat in a review session?

It is interesting to note that that chat.bundle.js file is cached, so it wouldn’t appear to be latency on the frontapp.com side of things.

I’ve used the support chat in a review session before. It’s useful if you notice something during reviews and want it addressed, or so that you can continue the support chat from the main page without having to take time away from doing reviews. I haven’t experienced any slow down recently though.

I didn’t even know it was there until after posting this, doing research to figure out who frontapp was, and then going looking for some chat icon and there it was.

Reviews load immediately for me, I’m on the mobile site though, if that changes anything.

I discovered I wasn’t actually on Firefox latest. I updated and it’s now back to being snappy.

During long sessions I often see frame rate drops and latency. Haven’t bothered to figure out what was causing them (cba, just wanted to finish the session), but I’ll take a look next time as well. I subconsciously blamed them mostly on multi-monitor video issues, but if it’s some script trying to access external resources then it should be easy to fix.

E: just realized you’re talking about loading the entire reviews page rather than during reviews. Whoops. Disregard my rambling then

1 Like

Not sure if this is the same issue, but a couple of years ago I used to experience some kind of memory leak during longer sessions. Made things super slow eventually

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.