Any good Japanese learning apps that has HAND-FREE mode feature?

Hi everyone!

I know that my question is very specific, but I happen to enjoy learning Japanese/languages while doing chores, walking or multi-tasking.
I was wondering if anyone knows apps with the hand-free mode feature so I could learn while doing something else.

Someone may ask why I’m not using podcasts, well I do use podcasts sometimes: the ones from Japanesepod101 but sometime they’re very long and I don’t want to go through all the chit chat. I listen to Nihongo con Teppen but it’s not easy to review/look for vocabulary as there’s no transcript. I realized that I need content that I can easily skip/replay/review/check vocabulary-grammar so that’s why hand-free mode is the perfect feature I’m looking for.

I’ve listed a few apps below that I already know:

• JA sensei: has the hand-free mode for quizzes but the English voice is way too loud compared to the Japanese one so it’s not for the faint of heart
  • Mango Language: nice hand-free mode but I won’t subscribe unless they offer the whole Japanese writing system (everything is in hiragana so far except for two additional courses). Otherwise, it’s was nice to use the app while washing dishes (free trial).
  • Optilingo: I know that many people don’t recommend this app but I’m waiting for next Black Friday to
1 Like

There’s also this: LipSurf - WaniKani Voice Dictation. Review while you eat, do chores, etc

Haven’t tried it yet myself.

3 Likes