Another silly grammar question... 🤭

Absolutely! The more resources the better. I will scroll through this in between WaniKani / Bunpro reviews… What have I gotten myself into?
:man_shrugging: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Knowledge? :smiley: There is actually plenty of good resources on grammar like Miyabi sensei, jlpt sensei, etc. If at some point you’d like a monolingual resource, I recently came across something as well, but can’t find it now, whoops…

1 Like

Welcome to Learning Japanese: The Quest for More Resources :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For real though: there are so many only slightly different resources out there that it’s easy to get bogged down in which to use. Just give some of them a try, figure out what works for you, and use that.

My current resource is just Google. If I find some grammar I don’t know, I google it, and whatever comes up is what I use. No point trudging through various resources, I just want to understand what I’m reading, I can figure out the finer details later.

And sometimes, just Japanese dictionaries. They offer some pretty extensive grammar explanations sometimes, and because they’re monolingual, they cover some nuance English sources tend to miss too. But that assumes a baseline understanding of Japanese that even allows you to do that, so don’t worry about doing that just yet.

Just don’t get bogged down in worrying about what resources to use, the most important thing is that you use something.

1 Like

Point well taken! I will stick to the few books I already have and the few recommended internet resources for now. I’d like to get a Japanese-Japanese dictionary someday when I would benefit from it. I also think trying to read example sentences which cause me to have to look up certain things will help my style of learning. Struggle is always my best teacher!

1 Like

@yamitenshi @WeebPotato @Leebo @Tenugui

Just an update! Thanks to your suggestions and watching the lesson 1 Cure Dolly video, some thing are starting to make sense to me! My last 2 reviews on Bunpro have gone much better because of it!

Again, thank you all!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.