Android App not updating dashboard

As the title says, it’s been like this for 2-3 days now. When I actually go into reviews I can see the number of reviews I actually have but on my dashboard it’s just a constant spinning loading icon.

Can you specify which Android app you’re talking about, because there isn’t an official WaniKani client for any mobile devices.

Unless you’re talking about accessing the main WaniKani site from a mobile browser?

1 Like

Huh, I feel like I remember downloading it years ago from Google Play store? Wasn’t aware it wasn’t official and there is no official app. Might just be a case of whoever developed this app has stopped updating it I guess. On my phone the icon is a pink square with the white crab icon and it’s called WK.

1 Like

That sounds likely, it’s not unusual to find apps abandoned especially if they’re community developed and the person in question has stopped using the platform. Have you got a screenshot? Might help narrow it down. I can’t find an app on the play store with an icon like you describe, unfortunately.

As far as Android goes, I’d personally recommend Flaming Durtles which is well developed and kept up to date (the link is to the forum thread here).

2 Likes

That app was abandoned long ago, and no longer appears on the store on searches. Direct store link still works though.
When API v1 was retired, that app died with it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.xip.wanikani

4 Likes

There is someone reviving this app, but I don’t remember what the tread was called

2 Likes

I found this in the original app"s thread. Pretty sure there was a new thread somewhere though.

2 Likes

Yep that’s it - I just posted in the original app’s thread. Any existing installs from the play store will be broken. I should have a working version up on the play store within the next couple days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.