Ah! Everything looks different!

I considered making this, but it would be a pain to get all the legacy version of scripts after they update

2 Likes

The most exciting thing about this whole change is that years from now, when grizzled WaniKani veterans speak of the great UI change of May 22, 2019, I can say “I was there.”

17 Likes

It looks all gator and no crab to me

6 Likes

Just like the great migration of March 2017

5 Likes

True, any scripts that affect the header will die. But, ‘Real Numbers’ or whatever it was called, are no longer necessary. Time on Level is the only other script that comes to mind, but I’m sure there’s more I’m not thinking of.
We’ll have to wait and see if the script settings in menu works. Hoping its all good, but depending on how @rfindley codes it up, might not be.

2 Likes

Ah see, being a somewhat recent recruit to the Crabigator’s army I had to learn about that one in WaniKani history class.

Looks like thy finally tweaked the logo colors to match the rest of the dashboard.

RIP the old new logo u will be missed

8 Likes

What should I be looking for? (I haven’t been following what you’re doing)
I’m coding the menu stuff right now.

I agree with this. It was nice to be able to just look at the “now” point of your timeline and then from there be able to go straight up to the reviews above. It was just more logical.

3 Likes

RIP old logo ;~;

42 Likes

I guess you’re right. Especially if you keep the new dropdown menu it’s not really a big deal. If all goes well I’ll even add support for your script within the level duration script.

I’m basically just taking the contents of the new menu, and slapping them inside the old menu.
$(‘.sitemap__pages:eq(9)’).html()
But, depending what selectors you’re using, and what fires when… If I move it over after everything is added, should be fine. But if after, or during, I could see selectors breaking? :man_shrugging:

Mmm, yeah… The menu structures are pretty different.
But I may be able to add both selectors via a comma-separator.

Eh, I wouldn’t worry too much. I suspect very few would use the script. Mainly just wrote it, to see if I could.

2 Likes

It changed. I don’t like change.
I don’t like this change.
This change is bad.

1 Like

The new banner on the web version doesn’t match the page layout at all. I hope they change the page colour scheme and layout to match the new menu banner. They really don’t look like they’re part of the same site.
But I’m happy with the new layout of the menus though. Finally I can see exactly how many reviews I have haha

4 Likes

Happy to see they added that back in.

2 Likes

WaniKani%20Mr%20Sparkle

Very quickly, and shamelessly adapted from the Mr. Sparkle Simpson’s episode.

2 Likes

I’m starting to like this more and more

14 Likes

That… looks pretty awesome. The alignment in the header was bothering me but that just soothed me instantly lol

4 Likes