Ah! Everything looks different!

You can click “Account” in the top right corner, then go to the bottom of the dropdown and click “Community.”

Another way is to scroll to the bottom of the page where there’s the “Recent Community Topics.” Beneath that grey box there’s a “Visit the Community Center” button.

Why would they change it? This is such a step backward in design. The font seems smaller, everything seems much more compact and forced into a smaller frame. Who thought "hey let’s make characters that people are trying to learn with a lot of tiny lines even smaller? The top menu bar is very generic. It’s colder with less personality than before. What’s the point?

6 Likes

Ah! I just noticed that. That’s definitely annoying. I liked being able to see what level I was at easily.

3 Likes

The new logo looks like a mummified verson of Betty Boop. Please make it go away.

2 Likes

His arms don’t even look like pincers anymore! It’s just WaniWani now!

9 Likes

While it definitely is nice that the default is no longer 42+, (because it really was unnecessary and rather unhelpful) there was already this script for fixing it. I’ve been using that script from the beginning, so the change is rather meaningless for me.

inb4 someone makes a script to bring back 42+

7 Likes

*cough*

Top of the script says

// NOTE:
// Script written by seanblue
// I'm just the maintainer

*cough*

(Well, I wrote the latest version that is. :stuck_out_tongue:)

7 Likes

2 Likes

I’m unable to search for anything because everything seems too high. Also the ultimate timeline, I think, will need to be adjusted. Scripts don’t seem to be in effect.

Yeah… I am not sure that I like the new apprentice color… :frowning:

Oh, whoops. (´ω`)ゞ I don’t really tend to keep track of who made the scripts I use. I was also just making my comment to people in general, not necessarily only you.

(And thanks for writing the latest version! The Real Number script definitely made my WaniKani experience more enjoyable.)

It’s also only mentioned in the script itself, which surely even fewer people read. I just thought it was funny. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the new Lessons and Reviews buttons (both their look and that they show the full numbers without having to click to another page). But the logo “WANI KANI” text style and color doesn’t seem to fit IMO.

1 Like

Honestly, as someone who is colour blind, it’s going to make a huge difference for me!

3 Likes

It really is unfortunate that some areas have become harder to read.

Out of curiosity, though, how were you able to replicate how you see colours in the screenshot of the webpage? Is there some app that does that, or some kind of filter?

2 Likes

honestly I don’t like it. I dont care about the appearance since i use a skin but it seems to have broken most of the scripts i use like the heatmap and the header is white while my skin is black. I really wish they would roll this back so they don’t waste all the scripts that everyone uses because I think it improves the wk experience greatly.

I know, right? It’s just a WaniWani now, as I said in an earlier comment.

1 Like

Change is inevitable and any script that breaks from UI changes is doing something not officially supported by WaniKani. That said, I’m sure most of the scripts will be working again soon enough.

4 Likes

This was something that was happening with me even before the change. Not sure why.