After getting a card wrong, it will reapear 2 cards later

Speaking of more opportunities, I believe that’s why the extra study “recent mistakes” function was just added

Yet, there’s a big difference between showing the card 10 secs after I’ve got it wrong, or 5-10 minutes.

With 10 secs I don’t test to see If the mnomic is effective, and if I need to work it - because it’s too fresh to even need to think about it.

10 min gap is close enough, but far enough to get some practice.

find me 1 person who uses srs for their studies with any program ,who uses an interval shorter than a minute for a card got wrong.

People with back-to-back reviews on LOL

As I mentioned, the extra study “recent mistakes” will allow you to go back over them whenever you want after your review session :wink:

4 Likes

active cards are what you’ll call cards need to be reviewed? what’s the definition.

what are back-to-back reviews?

Same as reorder script’s 1x1 mode in this post:

I have 179 reviews at this very moment. With default settings, WK will pick 10 of them and shuffle between the reading and meaning reviews available for those cards. When I do one, it picks another one to take its place until I have done so many reviews that there isn’t another one left. These 5 are the active reviews.

When I get one wrong, it’s still active since only active reviews have right/wrong information stored, and will be pulled back for reviewing soon.

I think this is a great point as well. I never check for the correct answer right away - I always let myself take another crack at it, and only look if I’m really stuck.

In that context especially, I’d rather get my second shot sooner than later.

1 Like

Answering the wrong answer multiple times would lower your SRS level for that item further, right?

Referring to the SRS calculation here.

1 Like

It could be an asset though by making your next review even sooner. If you can’t even remember it even with another shot, that might help!

(The answer depends on how you review. For example, Tsurukame’s default settings have a “minimize review penalty” enabled which prevents exactly that, for backwards compatibility with older versions of the app which did this before the setting’s introduction.)

sometimes if I get an item wrong, it shows right after it is marked as incorrect. It breaks the srs a little bit I guess.

I thought it should appear in the end of that review session.

1 Like

If you are referring to the active queue its size is 10 items

1 Like

Yes, that was what I was referring to — thanks for the correction

1 Like

Yeah in native WK the active queue/batch size is 10 (don’t think that can be changed, though I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a script for that), though in Tsurukame the default is 5 (and can be changed in settings)

I never really paid much attention to when my incorrect items would come back, but I think theoretically it’s at any point within the batch? You may just be lucky (though whether that’s good or bad luck depends on how you wanna see it, but personally I feel like it doesn’t matter much in the long run, since SRS ain’t infallible and the info’ll get into your head eventually one way or another). I know I’ve had the second half of an item come in more than 10 items later before even in Tsurukame (which I haven’t changed from the default) because many cycled into and out of the queue before it finally got to it, but I can’t remember if it’s ever done that for an incorrect item…

1 Like

FWIW, this happens to me too (getting a card a second time very shortly after getting it wrong)—but I find it super helpful. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Oh I thought that was how big the batch of lessons would be. Thanks for the info :)

The default is definitely five as I just changed it for the first time this session to 10 (thinking it was how many would appear in a batch of lessons xp)

Are you using Tsurukame? If not, check your lessons. I was using Tsurukame’s terminology which has a lesson batch size (which is what you said) and a review batch size (which is what we’re talking about).

WaniKani’s website only provides a setting for the former.

(In Tsurukame, as previously stated, both settings default to 5.)

1 Like

interesting! i’l try it. either way back to back does not mean you’ll be doing a wrong card immidietly after you’ve got it wrong, so I don’t get your point.

If the implementation sets the active queue size to one (like Tsurukame’s), you would.

1 Like