A diary from level 1 to level 60

Sunrise. What a surprise!

… oh wait! Everything is expected :roll_eyes:

Ok I’m on vacation so I will activate vacation mode and won’t be back until sunday. Happy holiday

2 Likes

5 lessons disappeared in the morning… did the reviews kill them??

1 Like

hi @JapanStar49 sorry for the late reply (just back from my vacation xD). I also hope that we can make those lessons disappear by doing reviews, but the sad fact is I actually managed to learn 5 words after solving all those reviews : ))

edit: one moment of advertising, anyone knows where I travelled to? here’s a clue:

should I open a new topic moaning about motivation …again?and being a jackass, ofc I guess it’s consistency. “omg how how, the quest to 50, my 2018 goal, has never been easy…”-aanhlle mumbling silently.

edit: I have left the threshold lv30 where many pp stop, so I should be fine…I should be fine. Just do what I’ve been doing in a year… c’mon c’mon…

c’mon just do it!

edit 2 with

YOU SHOULD GET TO THE POINT WHERE ANYONE ELSE WOULD QUIT AND YOU AREN’T GONNA STOP THERE! JUST DO IT, YES YOU CAN, JUST

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ITTTTTTTTTTTTTthis feels like my lovely face looking at you now T.T

edit 3 ty Shia for shouting to my face and worsen my ears, but worth it lol. Level 32 with reorder script …

Motivation is cool and all, but it’s not going to help you win.

Take it easy mate. Relax a little. Think of those times when Wanikani was FUN to you. Think about the good times, because they can come back! :slight_smile: Don’t do any lessons if you can’t get a hang of reviews just yet. Even if you spend 1 month on level 31 to get back to the usual routine, that’s okay. 1 month in 10 years won’t matter at all because by then Japanese will be second nature to you :wink: So, no need to try to speed things up and force them to happen. Take a deep breath. Remind yourself of the fun times. Relearn how to love Japanese. Take care of those reviews, but don’t allow yourself to get too comfortable. Make sure to take the next step (lessons) after you feel safe with the reviews’ situation.

3 Likes

thank you jprs, I know whenever I need help I know you would show up. My love in the air is for you no homo :laughing: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Haha, anytime mate :wink:

1 Like

First 10 mins review session of the day. I decide to divide reviews into 10-min sections. Although I couldn’t do much reviews and my retention is bad because of my laziness, which is needless to say, I feel this way is quite effective and refreshing.

also, I’m finding ways and activities to make myself love learning japanese again. Actually learning a new language is often cool I think. please feel free to suggest me some if you have. Thanks!

edit2: another 10min section with 50 reviews, not bad.

2 Likes

Day 2.6 at lv 31, first review session:

edit 2 last review session of the day:

“Taking a piece of thread you blame the exploits of your past on poor judgment. You tie this thread around your finger to remind you of all the exploits you accomplished in your day. Most of them weren’t actually on purpose, so you blame them on poor judgment and accident.”

Could someone explain the phrase “blame the exploits of your past on poor judgment” to me, why we “accomplished it”? I’m not a native speaker so sometimes the examples feel awkward to me (or it really is - aanhlle giggling in Kouichi way)

day 7 at lv 32 last review session of the day (maybe)

I feel okay with my progress. I think I will level up in 3 days.

1 Like

Lv 33 now. Well I try to form a good habit. Well what does that mean? It means to have more self-control, have a good routine, well be a good boy :no_mouth:

haha not bad. let’s go

2 Likes

I put my account on vacation. But I’m not on vacation, it’s just I’m being a bit lazy again (mainly because of starting to play Dota 2. I feela bad) :sweat:

Dota 2 eats so much time… I spent a big chunk of my college years on it, played close to 2000 games and I still sucked.

If I won, I’d go “I’m on a roll, I’ll win more and increase my rank, just one more game”. If I lost, it would be: “I need to regain my rank, just one more game”.

Shudders

Run while you still can.

1 Like

I’ve un/reinstalled that game for 8 times, literally speaking. I know I’m bad

argg I’m back, I can’t handle this laziness anymore!!!

edit: 3 days later

I will level up tomorrow

some words I get wrong for like 10 times:

妨害 / 評判

2 Likes

lv34 with 191 reviews, ya one fking hundred ninety one reviews. okay let’s just cheer for now…

*edit: wtf is this radical “堇” looks like a kiln? I don’t even know the word, sad

by magic, somehow…actually big thanks to the energy from the great folks here

1 Like

Day 3.6 at lv34. First review session of the day. Everything is fine. Looks like I’ve recovered from the procrastination mood. let’s predict when the next one will happen:hear_no_evil:

edit 2:

so there are only 1000 words left, lol

1 Like