9-nine-ここのつここのかここのいろ 9️⃣ Week 5 (Visual Novel Book Club)

I tried reading that page on Agastya and wow, that was way over my head. I can’t tell if they’re just using words that are cool or if there’s an actual connection to these things. Honestly hoping it’s the former so I don’t have to do the research T_T

spoils as usual

From how things were going I thought they were going to do more with the Parfait queen. I thought it was kind of anticlimactic that things ended up as a brief staredown with nothing happening, but at the same time with my concerns over the previous section and Sophie’s explanation on her (un)involvement maybe that was for the best. There were some bits I didn’t really get, but it sounds like she’s surprisingly limited in her actions despite the flashy teleports.

The following day was pretty much all the boldness I was expecting from 4/28. They don’t really seem to think things through, but at the same time Sora’s idea of just planting a note like that was pretty smooth. The chibi bit was also cute as hell, so I’m glad for that. Yoichi on the other hand… give a man some space, it’s been like two weeks.

And finally Kousaka… I get that Kakeru is trying to show off, but did they really have to OK the plan of letting him talk alone with the person who is seemingly charming men? No wonder this game (future spoilers)has a bad ending. At this point I’m going to be impressed if they actually manage to catch the petrification user without getting some deus ex luckina.

planning tangent

There’s about 3,030 characters left in 4/29. I started reading 4/30 today and ended at a point that’s already 7,833 characters without what I would consider a major scene change. Going by what I’ve seen so far, I’m starting to think the rest of the VN is focused on developing the characters and plot, but at the same time I think part of that is that Loopers has really skewed my idea of filler content. It seems like everything I’ve been reading has had something going on and I’ll probably have to revise my idea of a busy day.

4 Likes