3月のライオン (March Comes in Like a Lion) Book Club🦁🤓

For me the 1 chapter per week has been a good pace, as it gives me some leeway to catch up if life gets busy. But increasing the pace is also okay, then I’ll just keep up as much I can and try to catch up if I fall off the wagon
¯I_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I just voted after seeing the second poll. I’m okay with any pace. Pls no 1 volume/day though

3 Likes

Okay!
There is enough interest for me to continue maintaining the book club into volume 2. If you still want to get a paper copy, now it’s the time to get your hands on a copy.

Since most people don’t seem to care about the pace, I’m thinking of increasing the pace to 2 chapters per week–so, about a month and a half for a volume.

How does that affect your interest?
  • Two chapters per week is fine with me.
  • No way, I really need it to be one chapter per week.

0 voters

Sorry if this is answered somewhere and I just didn’t find it, but we’re taking a break this week?

Looks like we do! I didn’t know either, haha.

1 Like

Oops! That was just me being incompetent with a calendar!

I didn’t intend to take a break, but since it was in print, I’m putting this week as a week to read and discuss the Shougi articles that follow chapter 1 (page 36, not that the page number is marked), chapter 5 (page 102), and chapter 7 (page 134). I read the first article, and found it helpful. If you’re not interested, this week could be a break.

The shougi article discussion can be found here

and I’ve started a separate vocabulary sheet for it here.

We will resume reading the storyline next week!

2 Likes

Almost time for me to read the next volume :eyes:

Hello, everyone!
I hope you enjoyed your week off/week to read the Shougi articles. I had planned to read the articles, but then I started watching a new-to-me anime, instead :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Chapter 8 Starts this week! The discussion is in the same place.

Chapter 9 Starts this week!
Only one more chapter after this!

My family has started a “Screen-free Saturday” tradition, I have to shift the “first” day of the week to Sunday.

Discussion continues to be in the same place.

1 Like

Week 10 Starts this week! This is the last chapter, but don’t worry–there’s plenty more volumes published :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The discussion is in the same place.

I will be continuing to run this manga as a book club, except at a pace of two chapters per week.

Do y’all want to…
  • Take a week off in between
  • Start Volume 2 next week

0 voters

Ugh, I accidently voted when I was just about to write that I’m okay with either option. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep, same here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a quick update–I was super lazy this holiday weekend (it was Thanksgiving in the US), so I’m going to start volume 2 on Friday. Sometime before then, I’ll update the home thread with a schedule. See you then!

3 Likes

I just finished Volume 1 Can’t believe there were 10 chapters, each of them felt so short 0:

So many cute drawings and wholesome interactions, I like c:

6 Likes

Totally agree with Redglare here. Also, the cats’ commentaries add so much charm too :joy: I love them

2 Likes

I love your left handed emoji, FYI

3 Likes

It’s week 2 of the Book Club!
The discussion will stay in the same place.

3 Likes

It’s Week 3 of the Book Club!
The discussion can be found here.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to watch this thread, so you get updates :sweat_smile:

I am currently unable to update the reading schedule with a link to this week’s discussion thread. Does anyone have advice for me on resolving this issue? I get this error:
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.06.00 PM

Sometimes Discourse forgets the category when you edit a page. If you set it again (at the top, next to the title), you can save it.

1 Like