2023 Tobira Study group - 第2課

2023 Tobira study group home thread

Time for the next chapter! From Apr 10th - 23rd we’ll be covering:

第2課: 日本語のスピーチスタイル

Schedule:
Page numbers coming soon are from my 2009 version of the textbook, exercises (ex) are from this website.
This is just a rough schedule to give us some structure - feel free to post comments or questions about any part of the chapter at any time!

Week 1: April 10 - 16

• Intro + 読み物
  • 1/2 文法
  • 1/2 漢字

Week 2: April 17 - 23

• 会話文
  • 言語ノート
  • 2/2 文法
  • 2/2 漢字

Poll

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this chapter
  • I’m still reading but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’ll be reading Tobira later
  • I’m no longer reading Tobira

0 voters

1 Like

Thanks for posting the thread!

Once again I’m behind on the vocab, but I had a few minutes at work just now so I did a first listen to the textbook readings for this chapter. I was excited that I understood most of the main 読み物 on the first listen, but I found the two conversations very hard to understand. I don’t have much practice listening to either keigo or very casual speech. So, I’ll probably repeat both of those a bunch to try to get it all down.

Haven’t looked at grammar or comprehension questions yet, so we’ll see how long they take me…

2 Likes

Once again, here is a quick overview of all the exercises in this chapter. Please note, I do not include the pairwork exercises in this list. Also, there are some questions before the text of each chapter (本文を()(まえ)に) that I usually do not include, but this time (p.27) we get to read two four koma strips, which seemed fun.

第2課:

1. Vocab + 漢字
  2. 文法ノート, p. 50-51
  3. 読 + 聞: p. 28-31 , p. 34 , p. 35
  4. T: p. 27 , p. 36 , p. 37 , p. 39 , p. 40 , p. 41
  5. 文法: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13
  6. 漢字: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9

Personally, I have noticed that I do not benefit from the grammar exercises (as I am still very much a beginner there), but the listening/reading components of Tobira are super fun and about a lot of different topics. So, I think even someone not at an intermediate level will benefit from listening/reading them, because they’re so short.

2 Likes