玉藻の恋 ・ Tamamo no Koi 🦊 Week 11

Once you’re done with this week… congratulations, you finished a manga! Maybe even your first one?

Here’s your celebratory omelette with a symbol befitting your achievement:

firefox_2024-08-24 06.24.15.097

How did it go? Did it get easier over time, or were you still struggling at the end? Or was it not as hard as you expected in general?

Also: How was the book club? Did the pace work for you, or was it too fast or too slow? Do you have any suggestions on how the book club could’ve worked better for you?

And finally, if this was your first manga you might be wondering what a good next step might be. I have some suggestions:

• Join another ABBC. The next one is Card Captor Sakura, and it’s gonna start in 2 weeks. The Natively level is higher, so it’s probably gonna be harder than Tamamo no Koi - perfect as a follow-up!

• Read a past ABBC pick and use the past club threads to answer your questions. For example The Wolf of the Small Forest if you want something easier, or Ruri Dragon if you want something harder. The existing threads will probably contain the answers to any questions you have already, and if not, feel free to ask them. (Also feel free to use the threads either way to comment on the story and the like. Don’t worry, people actually like it when old book club threads get new comments!)

• Want a challenge? Join the BBC. In a month they’ll start reading 約束のネバーランド (The Promised Neverland). Don’t be too scared of its L27 rating: You’ll get plenty of help from the club, just like you got here.

• Do you want to try something without furigana? I can really, really recommend one of my favourite mangas, ロジカとラッカセイ! It also has a book club if you have questions, and of course that comes with a vocab sheet.

• You can use Natively to find new stuff to read for your level. The manga you just read is graded at L18, so you know anything with a lower grading will be easier and anything higher will be harder.

• Also recommended: Signing up at Natively so you can track your reading! You’re going to read lots, right? Right?

15 Likes