獣の奏者 (Kemono no Souja) Home Thread

Quick heads-up for those who want to buy the books: They (i.e. all of them) are currently discounted at Bookwalker (30% off I think), until 2020-10-01T14:59:00Z.

That might mean they are also discounted somewhere else, but I did not check.

4 Likes

I wish Amazon Japan would tell you how much an item is discounted like amazon.com does. I don’t understand why they don’t.

Awesome, how’d you come across this?
Also, if I’m understanding correctly that there are five books, why are the individual books together cheaper than the one that has all five? It’s about 2500 for all five books but the bundle is about 3300.

I have a large amount of books on my Bookwalker watchlist (click on the grey checkmark to add one, and click on the checkmark next to the search bar to look at your list). Whenever one of those books is discounted, I get a filter link above the books so I can look at those that match the discount. Discounts are either price reductions or increased coins (cashback) so you can see either or both at any given time, depending on which one applies.

What it looks like on Bookwalker

See the link near the top with "Check ! した商品の中にオトク!の商品があります” - if you click on that it filters.

Also, the books get a yellow オトク thingie attached to them.
Those with an increased cashback get a red “Coin UP” or something.

Uh, you’re asking me about Bookwalker’s pricing politics? Sorry, that’s beyond my scope I’m afraid :rofl:

2 Likes

Amazon Japan lists the “discount” percentage if you add the book to your wishlist. For example, I added ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖 ~栞子さんと奇妙な客人たち~ in February and it shows me that the price has decreased 9% since I added it to my wishlist, and it was originally ¥643 when I added it. However, on the main book page you will see that ¥584 is now listed as the Kindle price with no indication that the price dropped (or whether it was a discount vs permanent change). I also don’t know if there is an option where they will email you when there is a price drop.

The one thing I wish they would add to the wishlist is the points back percentage. To me that is basically a sale since I will definitely use the points for more books, but I haven’t found an easy way to tell outside of clicking on each book (which is how I currently check).

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Only two months left!

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Reminder that the read aloud session will start at a different time starting this Sunday. Check the OP for the actual time.

@catbus @Belerith @NicoleIsEnough @NickNickovich @Kyasurin

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

It’s final, yeah. I’m going to create a home thread for 狐笛のかなた within the next week or two.

1 Like

Long chapter this week!

1 Like

Only two left after this.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I can still catch up before the end! Weee!

6 Likes