獣の奏者 (Kemono no Souja) Home Thread

Is it too late to join? I got the books years ago, after watching the anime, but never got passed the first volume… hoping that reading with a group my give me more motivation. :thinking:

1 Like

It’s only “too late” in that we’re nearly done the first volume. But you’re more than welcome to catch up and join us later or jump right in in the middle whenever you want.

1 Like

I just found out that I can’t remember where I put the books! :scream:
I’ll try to jump in as soon as I can find them… :disappointed:
iirc, I was almost done with the first volume, so it might not be that bad. :smiley:

5 Likes

We’re in the home stretch now!

1 Like

Poll results say no break, so we’ll start book 2 on June 13th. I updated the schedule in the OP.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I couldn’t restrain myself and ended up reading the least 3 chapters in one sitting. The end is so strong I just want to keep reading too. :eyes:
I just have to distract myself until the 13th…

7 Likes

Did the exact same :relaxed: Stopped in a very abrupt way it’s unfair. I was reading, and the next second I was reading a Q&A. Almost wanted to start the next one directly

5 Likes

At this point I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to catch up before the first book is over :pensive:
Worst moment to be busy.

Fortunately exams will be over on the 12th so just in time to start the next book!
Maybe I can even join reading sessions if that’s still a thing :thinking:

5 Likes

It’s definitely still a thing and we’d be happy to have you join! Times are in the OP of this thread and every week’s thread. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So I ordered this before quarantine, and clearly it got lost in the mail. So I finally broke down and bought the ebook 5-volume collection (which Bookwalker struggles to load due to the page count, lol).

I don’t intend to catch up and then read in step with this club, but I may poke in every now and then.

7 Likes

Maybe it will arrive once things settle down a bit? That sucks anyway.

I can always hope! Generally speaking I have a pretty strong bias against ebooks, but reading 空ろの箱と零のマリア was fine, and the bookwalker dictionaries are actually pretty decent compared to kindle (even if the bookwalker interface annoys me), so I figured eeehhh why not.

1 Like
2 Likes

I just finished the book as well. Talk about a cliffhanger!

4 Likes

Should we start reading the next book early then? :eyes:

2 Likes

Final chapter of book 1 is here. I’ll post again in a few days to add polls for the whole first book.

3 Likes

Alright, poll time. There are only two questions I want to ask.

How much did you enjoy 獣の奏者 book 1?

• 1 - Hated it
  • 2 - Disliked it
  • 3 - Neither liked it nor disliked it
  • 4 - Liked it
  • 5 - Loved it
  • Didn’t finish the book

0 voters

How difficult was 獣の奏者 book 1 for you? For this I’m going to borrow the new “nomination” descriptions.

• 1 - Required no effort at all
  • 2 - Required minimal effort
  • 3 - Required moderate effort
  • 4 - Required significant effort
  • 5 - Required so much effort that my head exploded :exploding_head:

0 voters

4 Likes

It’s interesting to see that moderate effort was the highest diffulty for everyone. I was expecting one or two people for significant effort. Maybe they did not finish though by I’m suprise how much the book seems to fit for everyone.

Same for like and dislike no one hated it or is neutral.

Good job @seanblue you got the perfect book. :tada: You have a talent for choosing book. never saw so many people and not one dislike.(or maybe i’m not enough in book club to know :thinking:) Anyway thanks for making me discover this nice book series.

4 Likes

It’s also interesting because difficulty is so subjective. My “minimal effort” is clearly not the same as @Naphthalene’s “minimal effort”. But having read other stuff in the last year that’s harder, this felt “minimal” by comparison. Also I just ignored those couple really hard sections since they were outliers.

3 Likes