無変換入力 for iOS Japanese Speech Recognition - is it possible?

I occasionally use the Lipsurf Chrome extension to do reviews by voice, and I’ve been starting to wonder if it would be possible to use the iOS speech recognition support to do the same thing on my phone or iPad. The only problem is, the speech recognition always tries to convert what I say into kanji.

I have seen Japanese keyboards with a non-conversion key labelled へんかん that forces kana to remain as typed. Is anyone aware of a similar function in the iOS speech recognition package? I have looked online, but I’m not sure my failure to find anything is because it doesn’t exist, or that my Japanese isn’t good enough to put together a good search.

Dunno about Lipsurf, but if my Googling is correct, speech recognition software tends to have the option to set a key that when held down prevents conversion.

1 Like

Thanks Belthazar - something like this is what I would have expected too (although a voiced toggle would be better), but the UI in the system level version in iOS is so minimal I can’t seem to find any options at all…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.