涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

With everything else I have going on (Japanese and non-Japanese), I’m starting to get the feeling that this book is going to crush me. I read two more pages today and apparently completely misunderstood them. I didn’t look up much, and probably would have understood more if I had looked up more, but there was a lot of vocab I didn’t know. Not knowing about 10 words over half a page makes it hard to understand what’s going on.

I can’t really go by Floflo since I’ve never used it enough to trash a bunch of words, but right now it says I know 34% of works in Haruhi compared to 44% of words from Kino, and 55% of words from Toki of Kakeru Shoujo.

Anyway, I’m still planning to read at least the first chapter with the group, but I’m not sure if I’ll have the time or patience to read the whole book. :disappointed:

7 Likes

S-sorry D :

It won’t! We’ll all get through this together!

5 Likes

For some reason, the books from the book club keep coming up in the other books I am reading. I had references to Kino before, and look who’s showing up this time:

6 Likes

What book is that?

1 Like

万能鑑定士Qの事件簿1

2 Likes

Is that a coincidence or was that because of the floflo poll?

3 Likes

You know Chinese?!!!:turtle::thinking:

That book name is scary>

3 Likes

It’s a coincidence. I just randomly found it at my local library.
So it’s on floflo then?

1 Like

It’s on the polls right now because I also happened to find a copy in a random book store

3 Likes

Excuse me as I abscond to patreon right now.

7 Likes

Ah, but that was the previous poll. I guess it might be on the loser bracket right now :confused:

Check if your neighbor has a gun–ask if you can borrow it in the middle of some night if you knock and ask politely. Decide ahead of time if you want them to call 911 first or tell you how it works. Best of luck.

If it’s a hand persuader, their talking motorad might be able to explain anyway :thinking:

I’m not sure what you meant, but @brrricane was making a reference to the previous book we read with the club

2 Likes

HAH! What!?

Really? But that’s pretty cool when things reference other things. I always love picking up on things like that.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, @seanblue, we’ll get crushed together. :+1:

Even if we both end up like this…

1 Like

I’m not sure what you were trying to say. As @Naphthalene said, I was referencing our last book which had long descriptions of the same two guns nearly every chapter and a lot of us had gotten tired of reading about them.

2 Likes

meanwhile, over here being the only person who liked reading about guns

11 Likes

I apologize. I shouldn’t be a smart-ass without being certain that, when I hit reply, I hadn’t, without realizing it, moved to a completely different text. I don’t think I would have been equally pleasant if someone had made that mistake with me. I am embarrassed and sorry.

3 Likes

No problem. I’m glad to know it was just a mistake. I had a few less pleasant things I wanted to say but thought better of since I was confused. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes