本好きの下剋上: Week 5 discussion

Join the Advanced Book Club here!

本好きの下剋上 Home Thread

Week 5

Start Date: September 12th
Previous week: Week 4
Next week: Week 6

Reading:

Chapters 12 - 14 (冬の甘味, オットーさんのお手伝い, トゥーリの髪飾り) (39 pages/ 12%)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :books:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but haven’t reached that part yet
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

6 Likes

Since noone else seems to want to start this weeks discussion I’m diving in first again!
2 of the 3 chapters done so I’m a bit more behind than the other weeks. Lets see when I fall further behind ^^
Thoughts so far

12:

• My favourite chapter so far!
  • The tree totally fascinated my the same way as it did Main. Bit sad we didn’t learn what happend to the flown away fruits. But since nobody seems to collect the fruits on the ground they probably vanish like the tree and only leave the seeds
  • Interesting… did I read it right that ルッツ has 3 brothers so 4 overall? I think it were only 3 kids in the family in the Anime. Have to watch the anime sometime again to reaffirm that.
  • Talking about the anime. Another chapter that played out totally differently in the anime!
  • First chapter I couldn’t stop reading at my normal quota!

13:

• Not much to say. Everyone knows Otto is the best guy in the book! Dad is a bit strange I think ^^
  • 一途 how did you read it ? いちず or いっと

Last chapters thoughts probably around wednesday I hope.

2 Likes

This was a really fun chapter!

(I still have to read the other two.)

1 Like

Yes, he has 3 older brothers.
Can’t remember if the anime made a mistake there :thinking:

2 Likes

Usually, if it’s an adjective, it’s the former.

4 Likes

I read it all in 2 days instead of 3. I don’t know if I got used to it or if the chapter was easier.

Thx I usually read 獣の奏者 first each week, so I won’t comment on the first 2 days of the week or so. This is maybe why you are first because you read it first.

My comments

No question this week so it was a nice read. The first chapter made me sad for Lutz that gets bullied by his brothers.

I was sure they were three brothers. Well, they were three in the last chapter anyway. The wiki said they are 4 brothers. Lutz is the youngest followed by zasha, sieg and ralf.(Now I finally understand what ザッシャ andジッグmeant) never being good to recognized names.
I found it funny that the father was jealous of オット. It’s stupid but it was funny. Mayne was happy that she got to write whatever the job was made me wonder if she would still be happy to write in the death note or something.
可愛いは正義! This is not the first time I read that but I totally approve of it.

5 Likes

Nice that there is a lot of discussion lately about the chapters. Have finished this weeks reading by now.
Not much to say about the last chapter. Finally felt though the family was comming together a little more and main not being the super odd one out. Sure she still had some odd demands but the family was much more accommodating towards her in this chapter.

5 Likes

I really liked the オットーさんのお手伝い chapter. Second really good chapter in a row!

6 Likes
Ch. 14

There’s an illustration of マイン and the whole family at the end, and is showing how prettyトゥーリ’s hair turned out! :cherry_blossom: :sparkles:

I somehow got surprised when I saw the dad with super spikey hair, not at all how I imagined :laughing:

7 Likes

Just finished this. Even if the story advances quite slowly it is such a comfy and wholesome read… I’m enjoying it.

7 Likes
オットーさんのお手伝い question

「わたし、何をしたらいいですか?」

ここの計算があってるかどうか確認してもらっていい? とにかく、計算間違いがどこに潜んでいるかわからなくて、確認に時間がかかって仕方がないんだ」

What is あってる? 合う? I keep wanting to read it as あたってる for some reason.

2 Likes

That was my interpretation too, considering 合う can mean “to be correct”…

3 Likes

Somehow I never even thought about which kanji you’d write this au with. :open_mouth:

1 Like