本好きの下剋上 home thread

I have a userstyle that changes out the standard emoji for the Google Blobs. When I quote posts instead of copying the emoji it ends up copying the blob 251446983644938240

This is what I am seeing

2 Likes

Ha ha with that screenshot I look crazy right? Here is mine.

See I’m not crazy they are different. right? RIGHT???

2 Likes

10 Likes

I’m finally caught up, but haven’t gotten started on this week’s chapters. Just wanted to say that it’s a bit different than what I expected. I’m kinda enjoying the slow pace though. And while the comments on some later volumes weren’t very positive (I wish I didn’t see them :cry:), I have to like this. I have the first 7 books physically (and avoided the anime like the plague because of it) :joy:

Also, it’s weird but I feel an obligation towards this ever since the author once interacted with me on twitter when she showed a picture of an Arabic calligraphy of her name and I commented. It was funny how she was talking about the characters in the exact same alienated way I used to see Kanji in in the beginning stages.

12 Likes

And we are done with the main part of the story. Next week, we’ll have short stories from the point of view of other characters.

Also, since we are getting close to the end and still have a substantial group, what do you think about reading further?

• Would read with the book club
  • Would read in a “read at your own pace” group
  • I am going to read it on my own
  • Not going to read any further
0 voters
5 Likes

By that you mean read 本好き Vol 2?

2 Likes

I voted for all three “continue” options because having a place to discuss the plot / ask questions is nice, but I plan on reading volumes 2 and 3 at my own pace regardless.

4 Likes

Not having any ‘not going to read further’ votes as of right now is impressive. I’d say this book is a successful pick!

3 Likes

Also, 93% in favor of a spin off club. Well then.
I will need someone with a physical copy to help with the scheduling, preferably someone who has seen the anime because chapter titles are spoilers (I wish the author didn’t do that)

1 Like

If someone posts the page numbers for all the chapters and whatever’s after the last chapter I can propose one or more schedules again.

But yeah, it really would be nice if the chapter titles weren’t spoilers…

1 Like

I just finished the book. Now I just have to go back and look through 7 chapters’ worth of vocab highlights and questions. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have the book and have seen the anime. Although I will most likely be reading it as an ebook

1 Like

We just need to know the page number at which each chapter starts :slight_smile: よろしくお願いします

2 Likes

Don’t forget 六十進法 from the start!

数字らしき記号が十種類だから、計算方法も十進法で間違いないと思う。二進法とか六十進法とかじゃなくてよかった。

I figure I’ll survive if I don’t study that one. :slight_smile:

ショック :laughing:

… You don’t need to study it, you already know it (at the very least, you should, if you ever used seconds, minutes and hours).

I can’t help but feel statistically excluded since I dropped the book early :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Time to pick it back up, I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Gonna read it just so I can press “Not going to read any further”. That’ll show you all!

4 Likes