本好きの下剋上 home thread

What about the other part? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I look forward to hearing what you think of the overall story for books 4-7. :joy:

3 Likes

That is pretty fast. You don’t lose time, do you. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s also pretty old, I’m 33% through volume 6 at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:
But, yes, I’ve been reading a bit more than 100 pages a day on average for the past two weeks or so.

5 Likes

Am jealous. Best I’ve managed is 60 pages in a day, and I was so tired afterwards sweat_smile

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m not doing that speed :slight_smile: . Japanese is still my baby language however (3 years now :joy: )

7 Likes

Never thought about it that way, but my Japanese is in junior high, then. I guess I’m reading age appropriate material then :joy:

At the time I started Wanikani (for real), that was my situation too. A few month prior, I did mesure my average, and it was between 25 and 30 pages a day. (I mention WK, but I think the most instrumental part of my progress was Floflo :thinking:)

4 Likes

I’m around 20 pages per day when the plot is good and it’s not too hard :sob: hum…

I’M THE ONE WHO IS JALEOUS :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

I’ve tried to pre-learn some vocab, but I haven’t managed to stick to it. I got an ereader recently (thanks everyone for the help) and I think once I finish my physical books and start reading more than the odd manga on it I will benefit a lot form the easy word lookup. Right now I am a skipping a lot of words that I don’t know because I don’t feel like looking them up, but that’s not really helping me learn.

60 pages was the most I’ve done. I’m still behind on this book so your average is better than mine sweat_smile

4 Likes

I can also read about 20 pages in a day when the content isn’t too hard, but I tend not to read that much every day. I think 20 pages of this book for example would take me around 1.5 hours based on kindle estimates. More realistically it would take 2 - 2.5 hours of real time since I get distracted though.

6 Likes

Try adding words to study as you encounter them instead of pre-learning them. That way you have context and you don’t have to worry about misparses.

4 Likes

I do that sometimes, but usually I don’t want to interrupt the reading. Maybe I could be a barbarian and take a marker to my book then come back and add the words afterward

1 Like

Ah, but that’s the benefit of ebooks which you’ll see soon. Don’t understand a word that seems important? Look up the word in the ebook and highlight it to review later.

2 Likes

Maybe I should get 本好きII as an ebook despite already having it on my physical shelf

2 Likes

I’m planning to buy the ebook of 狐笛のかなた even though I already bought the physical book. :slight_smile:

I wish the book industry worked like movies do nowadays. When you buy a blu-ray, it usually also comes with a digital copy. Why can’t I get an ebook for free (or for like $1) when I buy the physical book?

4 Likes

Nice :joy: !

As sorry about the completely random question… You are a French speaker, right?

What is the first line of this song? (I can’t make out his line… but I can hear the woman after fine).

D’où venons-nous? Que sommes-nous? Où allons-nous?

It’s the title of a famous painting by Paul Gauguin, by the way.

1 Like

AH! Thank you!
(Failed on a simple part :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, I didn’t understand either and I am French ^^’
Even with the lyrics, I don’t hear the second “nous” (and the “Où allons” becomes “Ouallons” :thinking: I might need a new pair of ears :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

I also get distracted super easily when reading. I know that feeling.

I don’t have the time or concentration require for 60 pages in one go. My brain just overheat at some point

Btw is it me or is when @Kumirei quote me the emoji were different, I use :sob: but when kumirei quote me it was sob What is that magic? The emotion is the same but still…

2 Likes