本好きの下剋上 home thread

Hopefully, everything is correct this week. I’m 90% asleep, though, so who knows.

7 Likes

Apparently the author has been publishing a new volume every three months since volume 3. (The series is up to volume 24 as of a few days ago.) I looked up Re:Zero and Spice and Wolf for comparison, and they published a new volume 2-4 times a year depending on the year. Maybe not quite as consistent, but still pretty frequently. Is this pretty normal for light novels?

3 Likes

From what I have seen, that pace seems to be the norm :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

It seem I won’t get bored soon

1 Like

Light novels that require more research from the author, like ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖, tend to be published at a one per year pace. Some authors also like to write thicker books (like DanMachi) which also slows down publication, but I guess there’s not much changes in terms of page written per day in that case.

3 Likes

At least the SAO author also supposedly tries to write six volumes per year(as part of four different series though), and like you said the Re:zero author also releases something every three months, so based on what everyone else is saying it seems like it might be pretty normal(even if there are some slower light novel authors too)

4 Likes

Now past the halfway point :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Last week completely got away from me and I didn’t end up reading anything at all :sob: I should be finished with 狼と香辛料 on Saturday so that’ll give me a bunch of time (and brainpower) back for this coming week. Hopefully I can catch up before the next chunk…

6 Likes

I just discovered this now. Been planning to read this for a long time. I wonder if I can catch up, you’re already past the half point :pensive:

9 Likes

I also have yet to start reading past the prologue -which I read to vote on the difficulty poll. :joy:

Let’s do it! :muscle::face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Oh no. If you’re doing this then I’ll have to as well. Let’s do it D:

8 Likes

Meanwhile, I was without Internet yesterday and I accidentally finished the book. :joy:
(I did not remember the title of the last chapter and legitimately did not count the numbers correctly until I reached 85% or so and thought wait no that can’t be right but then I reached the epilogue and was like :woman_shrugging:)

13 Likes

Speaking of finishing the book, there are 2 short stories after the epilogue in my edition (~ 20 pages total I guess) but they are not in the schedule. Are they exclusive to the ebook edition? Can someone with the physical version confirm their existence?

1 Like

Assuming you mean マインのいない日常 and 変わらぬ日常 I have them in my physical copy. As well as the あとがき.

2 Likes

Yes, those are the one I meant. I don’t think it matters to read the あとがき, but at least the first of the two stories is important to the plot.
How many pages do they have?

1 Like

The first is 12 pages, and the other is ~12.5 pages.

2 Likes

This week, we learn about the Yellow River culture.
At least I did; I didn’t even know it was a thing.

2 Likes

Starting the new week a day early for the express purpose of keeping me un-caught-up :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

But… it’s exactly as usual, though?

3 Likes

It’s already Saturday in most of the world. :wink:

2 Likes