幸色のワンルーム (Sachiiro no One Room) Chp 3 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the discussion for chapter 3 of 幸色のワンルーム volume 1!

sachi

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
June 4 Chp 1 pt 1 4 to 18 15
June 11 Chp 1 pt 2 19 to 34 16
June 18 Chp 2 pt 1 36 to 45 10
June 25 Chp 2 pt 2 46 to 56 11
July 2 Chp 3 pt 1 58 to 70 13
July 9 Chp 3 pt 2 71 to 83 13
July 16 Chp 4 pt 1 86 to 101 16
July 23 Chp 4 pt 2 102 to 118 17
July 30 Chp 5 pt 1 120 to 134 15
Aug 6 Chp 5 pt 2 135 to 150 16
Aug 13 Chp 6 pt 1 152 to 162 11
Aug 20 Chp 6 pt 2 163 to 174 12

Vocab Sheet

Discussion Rules

Please hide spoilers and any content which may be further along in the chapter than what’s on the reading schedule. Feel free to ask any questions you have or just discuss the book overall! I’m really interested in hearing everyone’s thoughts. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Just before reading today, I did my WaniKani reviews, and failed once again to remember the reading for 冷静. Then comes page 68, and it’s right there. Clearly I should do my reading before my reviews, so I get in all the review hints.

Also, good thing that since I currently work from home, I’m not currently doing my reading on bus commutes. This is not the chapter you want to have come up when reading in public. (Sailormoon gave me some of those, as well…)

Page 71: there was some similar dialogue about ごめんなさい and ありがとう in chapter 6 of レンタルおにいちゃん.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten too far into this weeks reading, but I did flip through the pages so I kind of get what you mean :sweat_smile: :joy:

Hey everyone I’m actually moving this weekend, so I will be behind on making a new thread and posting discussion questions. Sorry for the delay!

4 Likes

Ooh exciting! Good luck getting everything done smoothly!

2 Likes

Thanks!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

How’s moving going? I’d be okay with pushing the reading back a week if you need time to catch up. Or more if you need it.

1 Like

It’s going well! I am just now getting back to my studies, but I think I should be on track for the reading! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I just posted the chp 4 thread and am hoping to have discussion questions up for chapter 3 by tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Here are discussion questions for chp 3.

Summary

Q1: Though a lot still hasn’t been addressed it seems that Sachii and the man have began to talk about some deeper topics. How do you feel about the development and where do you think it will go?
Q2: We learned a bit more about Sachii and her past, has this information changed how you characterize her and her past actions?
Q3: We got a glimpse into the past of the man. How do you think that will play a role in the story?
Q4: The man made some conclusions about his and Sachii’s relationship at the end of the chapter. Do you agree with him and do you think his conclusion will influence future interactions?

Sorry again for the delay in getting these up! Feel free to answer all, none, or some. I’ll be getting my responses up hopefully tomorrow!

3 Likes

I’m really glad that he was calling her out on her lies. If either of them starts being a bit more honest, it’ll be a good start. But to be honest, I don’t think they’ll ever reach the point of being completely open with each other, going by just how much they haven’t been talking about so far…

Some kind of lost father figure? I’m curious what happened in his past that seemed to lead to him becoming a kidnapper, I’m not seeing the connection yet. It also might just be mask related though, that’d be a nice mystery to get solved!

1 Like
Summary

I’m really glad that he was calling her out on her lies. If either of them starts being a bit more honest, it’ll be a good start. But to be honest, I don’t think they’ll ever reach the point of being completely open with each other, going by just how much they haven’t been talking about so far…

I also think it was a positive development that he is starting to push her a little bit to be honest. Her explanation of the trauma she’s faced causing her to lose her fear response also made her actions more logical. I do think they might reach the point of being really open and vulnerable with each other, but probably at least not for another 5 books or more :sweat_smile:

Some kind of lost father figure? I’m curious what happened in his past that seemed to lead to him becoming a kidnapper, I’m not seeing the connection yet. It also might just be mask related though, that’d be a nice mystery to get solved!

I agree I think it is a lost father figure and most likely the person who he might have lost in his flashback/ the day he met Sachii. I’m curious to find out what happened, but I would be surprised if it gets answered in this book. I’m leaning towards an accident, but there’s really not a lot to go on. The closest connection I can draw is that the loss put him in a really dark place and somehow Sachii did something that brought him out of it, which then lead to him developing an obsession with her.

1 Like