少女終末旅行: Chapter 5 Discussion

Here ya go! I asked for a little bit more info…

She said it’s an idiom rather than a phrase so it gets used in a sentence.

Which is lines up perfectly with the English and French versions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

now for a lame question…

what character is in the bubble on the lower right of page 88 for the life of me it doesn’t look like Kanji I know and it doesn’t quite look like hiragana?

___れより見て

Is this kanji I don’t know or is this a hard to read font?

1 Like

3 Likes

I thought since そ was one stroke that couldn’t have been it…which is why I asked…

funniest one I’ve ever seen…guess it’s the only thing that makes sense…
Thanks!

1 Like

Handwriting and fonts designed to emulate handwriting are a whole new world
(Central bottom is そ)

9 Likes

to quote Radish8!!!

Oh well at least as I read through the next few bubbles I see kanji I know the meaning and reading so it makes me happy …just enough to keep pushing forward until I get totally lost again :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s not that big of a thing when you get used to it. I mean, how much thought have you put into this monstrosity?
I’ve talked to people in other countries who actually handwrite figure 1 and don’t know figure 2 is how people tend to handwrite in majority-English countries.

9 Likes

yeah I feel bad for anyone trying to learn English as a non native speaker…and honestly if Japanese people can learn English than heck…I sure can learn Japanese right?

There are so many of these fun things… oh well back to reading…shouldn’t derail here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just a quick note to say that I’ve just finished reading chapter five and, once again, really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the vocab list and all the great questions and answers in this thread. Thank you everyone so much!

6 Likes