夜カフェ ☕ Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

Same :sweat_smile:
I read the first page at least four times by now. Think I will start the book either tonight or tomorrow.

10 Likes

I wanted to see if i’m able to read it with you… but i got hooked :frowning:

3 Likes

Started reading my first book with ABBC recently. Have since splurged on a bunch of new books to scratch the itch of wanting to read something everyday. Going with paperback for this one and it arrived today just in time! Super excited to start reading this alongside with everyone!

12 Likes

Thank you for your encouragements :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Chapter 1 thread is available now!

Let’s go :heart:

19 Likes

Post for chapter 2 is up! (I almost forgot :sweat_drops: )

9 Likes

Hey everyone! I’ll be joining y’all a bit late in this book club (first time reading in a book club!) I’ll try to catch up as fast as I can to everyone!

18 Likes

Best of luck then, and you’re welcome to join at any time!

8 Likes

Short reminder: It’s week 3! <3
There will be no new thread this week, because we have chapter based threads and we are continuing chapter 2!

13 Likes

Joining in late but, hopefully I could catch up soon! Finally found a reading practice material that’s fairly easy but not too outside my demographic. 頑張れ皆さん!!

12 Likes

Just started today and I’m on page 13 now.

This is like my first time reading something that’s not just an isolated sentence example and dedicating to it(lol). I kinda speedrun through the ‘reading’ of it and not necessarily paying attention to the meaning. But I’m definitely going to reread it again slower alongside a dictionary to catch the story before moving on to the second chapter.

I’m still trying to map out the grammar that I’ve learned to sentences with a looser form (than the ones in textbooks). From what I can gather it’s a story about our main girl 花美 who’s just started her first year in a private middle school after failing the other school test. She’s a bit of a lonely girl, was bullied in the past and now trying to become a new person.

Let me know if I got it right or wrong :durtle_megane:. And tell how were you guy’s experience on reading your first real reading material?

7 Likes

Chapter 3 thread is up!

6 Likes

Ah, didn’t see your comment until now. Yeah that’s the gist of it up to that point (Not sure if it should be hidden as a spoiler though lol).

I have read manga before but the “wall” of dense text here is definitely a different experience. But so far it’s been quite fun and interesting, and I feel like I’m making more overall progress this time around.

2 Likes

Yes that’s roughly right - however she actually has to go to the local public middle school.

To get more feedback on people’s thoughts and bits they were struggling on, have a look at the weekly threads linked to at the top.

3 Likes

Ah whoops my bad lol. I also realized I posted this on the wrong forum too XD. I had this thread and the first chapter thread opened at the same time. Also reading vertically is also unexpectedly challenging.

2 Likes

Yeah I got that mixed up lol. I reread it with the help of a dictionary recently.

1 Like

Chapter 4 Thread is up! :coffee:

9 Likes

Ran this one literally down to the wire, but Chapter 5 vocab has been cleaned up and roughly numbered, should somebody with a physical copy want to double-check that work. I’ll have some free time at my appointment tomorrow (4 hours, so plenty of time to kill), so I’ll likely try and go through Chapter 6 then. If not, I’ll certainly have it done by Sunday. This is my first non-busy weekend in a while, so finally feeling like I’m not just barely keeping up with all my reading commitments. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Ha, considering I’m still trying to finish up chapter 4, you’re doing fine trust me XD

4 Likes

Chapter 5 thread is up:

(and I haven’t finished chapter 4 yet, oh no~)

12 Likes