口 radical keeps disappearing

Every time see 口 i go to type ‘mouth’ but then it disappears before i can enter anything… and then it doesn’t show up again the entire review session…

it has been doing this for me for a while…
i have the ignore script on, so i’m not sure if that has anything to do with it

next time i see it in my reviews coming up i will turn off all scripts and see if that has an effect

Can you imagine if they never fix it and then two years from now you have all items burned except for the 口 radical, which would just sit on your review queue for all eternity and you’ll never really finish WaniKani?

8 Likes

strangely it actually says that it’s burned…
so i don’t know why it keeps popping up then!

Try clearing your browser cache, see if that does anything. Maybe history too, if that doesn’t work.

1 Like

thanks, i’ll try

I’m pretty sure that isn’t the 口 radical. It’s actually a box that appears while the radicals are loading. Some radicals don’t exist in any downloaded font but are (probably) loaded from WK, while this is loading a box appears instead of the intended radical. This is also why some radicals aren’t changed by the script that lets you have multiple fonts.

5 Likes

oh! this makes sense, thanks for the info!

I would guess that it’s not a loading box, but actually tofu (weird internet name for the character displayed when you don’t have a font that actually has the character)
I assume it looks something like this: 󰀀 (That’s from the unicode private use area, so it shouldn’t be in any of your fonts but could be if you have some specialty icon fonts or something)

2 Likes

yeah, ok it’s definitely tofu, and not 口!!!
I just always assumed it was 口 because that’s a radical i know (and it is when loading radicals, you’re right) and it doesn’t show up for long enough for me to get a good look…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.