End % 83%
End phrase そして父さんが口にした用件は、僕が全く予想だにしていなかったことだった。
Pages 18
Last Week Week 13
Next Week Week 15
Home Thread 僕が愛したすべての君へ

Vocabulary

Discussion Guidelines

Everybody should feel free to post and ask questions–it’s what makes book clubs fun! But please do not post until you are familiar with Spoiler Courtesy!

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent ネタバレ. If you’re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

1. Any potential spoiler for the current week’s reading need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  2. Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I don’t intend to read soon).
  3. Any information from later in the book than the current week’s reading (including trigger warnings that haven’t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.
Instructions for Spoiler Tags

Click the cog above the text box and use either the “Hide Details” or “Blur Spoiler” options. The text which says “This text will be hidden” should be replaced with what you are wishing to write. In the case of “Hide Details”, the section in the brackets that is labelled “Summary” can be replaced with whatever you like also (i.e, [details=”Chapter 1, Pg. 1”]).

Hide Details results in the dropdown box like below:

Example

This is an example of the “Hide Details” option.

The “Blur Spoiler” option will simply blur the text it surrounds.

This is an example of the “Blur Spoiler” option.

Posting Advice
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select “in this topic”. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.

• Be sure to join the conversation! It’s fun, and it’s what keeps these book clubs lively! There’s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, there’s a very good chance it has crossed somebody else’s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

Live Readings

The next weekly live reading session will be 2023-05-28T12:30:00Z Join the Japanese Book Club Discord to either read or listen!

Proper Nouns

Name Reading Notes
高崎暦 たかさきこよみ The main character
ユノ ユノ His grandfather’s dog
瀧川和音 たきがわかずね A top student in 暦’s class
虚質科学研究所 きょしつかがくけんきゅうじょ Institute of Imaginary Science
佐藤綾子 さとういとこ The founder of imaginary science
りょう 暦 and 和音’s kid

Participation

Will you be reading along with us this week?

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m reading this book after the club has finished
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve already read this book but are still going to join the discussion, please select “I have read this part.”

Don’t forget to set this thread to Watching in order to stay abreast of discussion!

4 Likes

Another well planned week. Spent most of it trying to finish the Nagatoro chapters I’ve bought way back when (which, if you’re wondering was all of them at the time), which of course means that I started reading this week’s section at about 3 am today. Not sure why I do this to myself, or why I’m using this book club as a stone I can carve my sins into.

anyways, thoughts

Well, gonna retract most things I’ve said last week. While I do think, that the reverse case (Ryou dying in this universe, Koyomi shifting there) would give more interesting talking points, it’s probably also the option most books like this go for. Instead this is a pretty beautifully executed plot twist, that I was actually quite surprised about. I enjoyed it a lot actually, sofar I would probably place this as the best, or at least one of the best parts of the book.

This whole thing reminded me of this video from this youtuber I really like:
Dear Nia - YouTube

It touches on much of the same topics, although with the subtlety of a stampeding buffalo (which isn’t a bad point btw). The guy itself is quite controversial, but at least his content is great.

Interesting to think about the ethics of shifting somewhere and letting your other self deal with the s*** you’ve found yourself in. Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being some kind of crime, or if it uproots the whole idea of mass shifting.

6 Likes
My Thoughts

So it did end up being something similar to what 2000kanji had thought may happen in the previous reading.

I kept that thought in the back of my mind (that in a parallel world something bad might’ve actually happened) but I was still surprised by twist.

The last line of this reading is certainly troubling. I wonder if there was some issue and now 13 world 和音 won’t be able to shift back to her regular world, so then 0 world 和音 is stuck in a world where 涼 died and she’s not with her original 暦.

I can’t help but feel bad for our 和音 who was suddenly shifted into a world where her son is dead… my guess is the 和音 who force shifted here did so secretly at work without anyone’s permission because I have a hard time believing others would’ve allowed that.

9 Likes