不可解なぼくのすべてを・FukaBoku Vol. 2 ♀♂

Volume 2 Discussion Thread :female_sign::male_sign:

Start Date: April 17th
Previous: Volume 1 Final Week
Home Thread: Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 1 April 17th Chapter 7 9 - 36 27
Week 2 April 24th Chapter 8 39 - 68 29
Week 3 May 1st Chapter 9 71 - 100 29
Week 4 May 8th Chapter 10 103 - 132 29
Week 5 May 15th Chapter 11 135 - 162 27

Purchasing

Physical | CDJapan | Amazon JP

eBook | BookWalker | Kobo | Kindle

If you haven’t used Amazon JP before, note that you will need a separate account.
CDJapan has (slow) economy shipping options available so is usually cheaper.

3 Likes

Polls

Are you reading with us?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Are you reading the digital or physical version?
  • Digital
  • Physical, but I already have it
  • Physical and I expect to have it by April 17th
  • Physical and I expect to have it by April 24th
  • Physical and I expect to have it by May 1st
  • Physical and I expect to have it by May 8th
  • Physical and I expect to have it after May 8th (please comment)

0 voters

When would you prefer to start reading?
  • I’ll start whenever
  • April 17th
  • April 24th
  • May 1st
  • May 8th
  • Later (please comment)

0 voters

How did you feel about volume 1 schedule?
  • It was fine
  • We should go faster
  • We should go slower

0 voters

Actually, it seems everyone already has their copy and that we can start anytime. I propose April 17th, which give us one-week break between volumes.

@Abstormal @Shadowlauch You said you were interested too, but didn’t vote above, are you okay with this date?

5 Likes

I did not see this thread, but I have now voted

2 Likes

Thanks for tagging me in! =D
I already have all (current) 4 in physical =)

1 Like

So it’s decided then :blush: I posted the schedule. It turned out quite short (only five weeks/chapters).

2 Likes

Really looking forward to the rest of the series!

5 Likes

Week 1 - Chapter 7

Start Date: April 17th
Next Week: Week 2 - Chapter 8
Home Thread: Link

Participation Status Poll
If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

3 Likes

Tetsu being sad and confused means his lines at the beginning were confusing to read, too. But I think I got the gist.

Comments and questions

I’m not sure to what 女子会 was referring, though (page 12):

I was very happy about this scene, since I complained during last volume that there was too much cute clothes + bras + make-up = femininity.
I want to confirm: does Mei say here (page 22) that she thought every girl wants to dress up like this, and the ones that don’t are just being shy?

Also, I think spraying people with water happens surprisingly often in this story :laughing: Counting the TV scene, it’s 3 times already.

3 Likes

It’s referring to what happened at the end of the last volume at メイ’s place. (Well, technically, how it felt)

I haven’t read that part, so I’m missing context. She is just talking about “everyone”, but it’s unclear who that is based on the screenshot alone.

Edit: just reached that part and now I see I read your screenshot in the wrong order. :joy: Yes, every girl.

2 Likes

Dammit! I was unsure which order to choose. I changed it into manga order and added an arrow :sweat_smile:

And thank you!

1 Like

Week 2 - Chapter 8

Start Date: April 24th
Previous Week: Week 1 - Chapter 7
Next Week: Week 3 - Chapter 9
Home Thread: Link

Participation Status Poll
If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

1 Like

I hope Kotone has a redeeming chapter later, casue so far I just don’t like her condescending and somewhat self-sentered behavior against others.
I think she just reminds me of an old friend of mine, who I gave up on ever getting better and cut all contact for my own sanity =P (best choice of my life, only regret not doing it sooner XD )

I assume there is something about jealousy toward Tetsu, but still, she has a very “if I don’t like it then it is bad” type attitude against everything and everyone in a way.

2 Likes

Page 44, bottom left panel:

琴ちゃんが平気な男の子のラインわかんないな

What does ライン mean here?

1 Like

a LINE address. I don’t know a lot about it except that it’s a very popular messaging app in Japan, so knowing someone’s LINE is like knowing their number to text them.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I know that app! But then I don’t get what わかんない means in this context. Is わかる used to say that you have someone as your LINE contact?

1 Like

I looked at the scenario in more detail, and I think I was actually completely wrong and misleading!
(the use of わかる maybe should have been a tipoff for me, like you asked about it your follow-up)

Out of context it sounds a lot like talking about something like “knowing the number of any chill boys” but I reread starting from the start of the chapter and it’s not that at all.

Mogumo is saying like, “I don’t know where you draw the line between a boy that’s OK (and one that isn’t)” - responding to Kotone’s exclamation in the previous panel, that Mogumo misled her about the cafe people.
Like, it’s about how Kotone isn’t used to being around any gender non-conformity at all, so Mogumo doesn’t get what’s going to be acceptable to her or not.

Sorry for the confusion! Hope that makes sense! I think I have it along the right lines now!

6 Likes

Ahh that makes a lot more sense in this context, thank you!

1 Like

Yeah I hope her character gets some more depth right now she has few redeeming qualities.

Spoilers

I’m like 80% sure that she will actually out すず in a future chapter. The scene this chapter hints at that quite heavily.

The scene were てつ asks his sister if she wants to be called 姉貴 instead of 兄貴 is also really sweet.

On a sidenote I have been super disciplined with only reading a chapter a week, but the cliffhanger at the end of the chapter is tempting me to read on…

(I’m still not quite sure what to put into spoilers anyone have a quick guide for me?)

2 Likes

I had to go a few pages over this time =P

1 Like