不可解なぼくのすべてを・FukaBoku Vol. 2 ♀♂

I was wondering how bad the cliffhanger could possibly be, and yes, I also read a few pages ahead :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was concerned when the 兄貴 word was used, and then I felt relief when it got addressed later.
Also fun fact - I saw 姉貴 for a first time about a month ago, didn’t even know this word exist beforehand, and now I see it again in what seems such a short period… Will it be one of these times when after you notice something once, you start seeing it everywhere?

She reminds me of… so many people I met. This “if I don’t like it then it is bad” attitude always baffled me, how hard is it to imagine that there don’t have to be one “gold standard” way of living?
My “favorite” is a belief that homosexual people want to turn everyone into homosexuals because… well because there is impossible for two options to exist at the same time! And then everyone will be forced to change gender! They are giving kids pills for it at school, in the morning you say goodbye to your sweet daughter, in the afternoon you have a son!
(this last one was said by our politician… it was hard to find an English source, but I managed although it makes you disable ad-block. he didn’t really say it happens instantly but it was ridiculous enough:

“Like for instance in Poznań, they catch a child somewhere unstable, neglected, and give them medicine to change their gender without knowledge and consent of the parents and doctors. We prevent this!”)

Sorry for ranting :sweat:

4 Likes

How can anyone that stupid be in a position of power?!

Oh well, been asking that for years, is sadly not rare XD

1 Like

Week 3 - Chapter 9

Start Date: May 1st
Previous Week: Week 2 - Chapter 8
Next Week: Week 4 - Chapter 10
Home Thread: Link

Participation Status Poll
If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

2 Likes

Man another chapter with a cliffhanger though it is not as bad as last week’s. The thing that stood out to me the most are the great reaction panels we got this week.

On a more serious note: Kotochan is really drawn as a villian. I hope we will see more of her motivations in the coming chapters.

1 Like

I half expected the confession scene to be just a dream with how smooth they were all being :grinning: I’m glad they finally got together! I’m worried about how far Kotone is willing to go though…

1 Like

I also thought it was really smooth, but at least one character doesn’t agree :joy:
fukaboku

3 Likes

Week 4 - Chapter 10

Start Date: May 8th
Previous Week: Week 3 - Chapter 9
Next Week: Week 5 - Chapter 11

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

• I’m reading along
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

2 Likes

We finally got some backstory on Koto and even some on the Mogumo family. Is this the first time we see Mogumochans mother? As for Koto this certainly gives her character some much needed depth, I’m really hoping we are going to see a different Koto from now on.

Also if I interpreted the last 普通に生まれたかった correctly she seems to know that she is more into girls, but still hasn’t quite accepted it. I hope she can reach that point

I feel like these chapters are rather short and not very dense. Also taking from the lack of questions in these threads it seems that most are quite comfortable with the level of this manga. What dou you guys think of speeding up the schedule for the next volume to 2 chapters a week?

4 Likes

Anonymous polls:

One week break between volumes?
  • Yes
  • No need
0 voters
Speed?
  • 1 chapter/week
  • 2 chapters/week
0 voters
1 Like

Yeah, it was quite clear for me. At first I thought she was also into Mogumo themselves, and was jealous about Tetsu, but after reading to the end of the chapter, I feel it was more like “Let’s be miserable together”, especially with the 一緒 | なかまはずれ usage.

During the first volume some people complained that characters look like very young children. In this chapter we could compare how author draws characters intended as young children :smiley:

And there’s one Mogumo’s anatomy mystery solved:

4 Likes

Yeah, it helps, though still a bit of a judgmental person even as a kid with the “no boys!” tone (but guess some kids are like that… But, when you have a visitor it is very rude. I could somewhat accept it if it was a random kid coming over on the playground (though even then it would be rude to only include the sister when both are strangers)

I don’t know. I need more to like her.
Having “wonder if I could fall for this person” just to have her get a boyfriend is not deep enough for me to sympathise. I’ve had my crush look me in the eyes, call my name and ask if I could move over so he could look at the girls behind me… yay me!
Also makes it feel like her feelings for Mogu is more a “back up” cause her first choice fell through, so any crush she had got weekend by that story actually… I don’t know… I will need more to like her personality and choices.

1 Like

That scene made me giggle =P
We got an answer and it was kinds cute! <3

1 Like

Yeah I think it is a start to make her motivations clearer. I also still have the suspicion she will out Suzu, but lets hope she turns around.

4 Likes

I do hope she gets a “redemption” story arc, where rather than trying to give her pity from the past she will change for the better and do something self sacrificing to help someone else. I don’t WANT to hate her, cause she is their oldest friend and I don’t want it to be a “they found better friends so bye!”
Though, IRL I did :wink:
I had “that friend”, got away from their toxic behavior (mine was way worse, but the similarities makes me dislike the character even more because of the bad memories). I have much better friends now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I thought Kotone’s motivation would be jealousy or some cliché of the sort, but I really like what the mangaka did with the character. I don’t think it’s a matter of forgiving/liking her, but at least her background helps us understand a little bit more of why she is like this and about her toxicity? I tend to be more forgiving with teen characters since teens are pretty unstable and normally have all sorts of messed-up ideas which make them go through these kinds of experiences and then mature. I also have a soft spot for repressed characters so… I can’t say that she’s the best, she most definitely is not, but I’m rooting for her! I really hope she doesn’t out Suzu, though. Either way, I’m all for not-so-wholesome characters and redemption arcs!

P.s. I also loved the scene in which Tetsu asks his sister if she would prefer him to call her 姉貴… My heart :sneezing_face: :purple_heart:
P.s. 2 I sense drama regarding Mogumo’s sister… we’ll see

2 Likes

I’m glad to get a bit of background on Kotone, but so far I don’t think her past is a good excuse for her current behaviour. I hope that she grows as a character. I hope we get to find out more about Mogumo’s family too. I assume there is some conflict there based on the fact that Mogumo lives alone, so I’m hoping we get some more information about them.

With regards to the next book, I think I can keep up with 2 chapters a week - but my copy of volume 3 hasn’t arrived yet and if it doesn’t arrive by the start date, and we are going to read two chapters a week, then there is very little chance of me being able to catch up! We’ll see what happens though. :slight_smile: There is still time for it to arrive!

3 Likes

Yeah, for me it’s also no excuse. I understand the mechanism, but eh. I’m too annoyed that any social improvement is blocked not only by narrow-minded people, but also by people who could actually get profits from the change.

As for her age… Idk, people I knew in real life got even more closed to new concepts as they aged, not the other way around. I actually preferred teens’ way of thinking.

Since we are a small group, I think two people who voted against speeding up are too valuable to ignore them - 2 people is still 30% for us :wink:
So I think we should stick to the current schedule and also keep the 1 week break.

3 Likes

To be honest, I like Kotone’s backstory. Not that I sympathise with her or even need her to become part of Mogumo’s new friend group, but I want to see her grow and overcome her internalised issues. And also apologise to Tetsu of course.

Same here, I’m willing to cut her some slack because of her age.

3 Likes

Week 5 - Chapter 11

Start Date: May 15th
Previous Week: Week 4 - Chapter 10
Next: Volume 3 (starts May 29th, same speed)

• I’m reading along
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

1 Like
Smug face めい

I love smug face めい

「もぐもはもぐもだよ」 has to be my favorite quote so far of the series. I very much shows the affection and understanding 鉄 has towards もぐも.

I did not realize that this was the last chapter in the volume. I think despite what the cover might suggest the drama wasn’t all encompassing and rather well handled. And I like that the romance (at least so far) only plays a relatively small role. The art has been great the whole series so far!

Completely unrelated:
In your mind do you color in the characters especially the hair color? I just saw the colored image of こと at the end of the volume and it felt so off seeing her in color, for me they only exist in a black white world.

6 Likes