三ツ星カラーズ — Week 10 Discussion (ABBC)

I’m finally caught up! Yay me!

I have a few questions:

Page 73

I believe this sentence means: Sachhan smeared (it) in her face, but why is this part of the conversation here? In the previous panel they confirm that the natto is good. Does Yui mean to imply that that is the reason Sacchan smeared natto in her face?

Page 74

What is the meaning of みたい here? to give a try doen’t seem to fit… Does it maybe mean sort of/-like? So: In this case, (it is) our sort of loosing, right? (Or more elegantly: In this case we sort of fail, right?)

Page 75

First question: Who is talking? Koto-chan? Second question: What does なし mean? Does it mean without? Is the meaning: Today too is/was without disorder? Does she want to express that today is peaceful? (so basically nothing to do/to save for the Colors?)

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yay you! :grin:

Page 73

If you look at the previous panel, as the other two prepare to eat, Satchan looks at her empty hands perplexed. In this panel, she’s looking under the bench. Why? Because she’s looking for her natto. So Kotoha (or Yui, not sure), casually reminds her that she spearedsmeared hers on her face.

page 74

It means “seems that, looks like, as if”. She’s saying ”Then it looks like we lost".

page 75

Probably Yui? She’s the one making the impassioned speech. Yes to your translation, and I think she means that the day is free from disorder, exactly because they saved it from disorder. After all, we have the Colours to thank for still being here today, able to talk about them in peace :grin:

6 Likes

…she speared hers on her face.

Well, that was violent and painful! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Which panel was that!?

5 Likes

:rofl: Maybe it was a rare variety of pointy natto?. Corrected, for the sake of that poor girl’s face.

4 Likes

I ran out of likes, but thanks again for all the great questions and answers. I think my biggest challenge in this chapter was understanding who was talking, but this thread sorted that out for me, cheers!

:heart::heart::heart::heart: for everyone in the bottom half of the thread who missed out

6 Likes