一週間フレンズ | Week 3 Discussion

Still I don’t understand why the offset is +1 at the start of chapter 0 and +2 at the end of chapter 0… Therefore, here are the pages as numbered by Bookwalker; maybe somebody can solve this puzzle?

Pages 1 to 7 off of Bookwalker

Page 1:

Pages 2+3: (page 2 is on the right, of course ^^)

Pages 4+5:

Pages 6+7:

According to the table of contents, Bookwalker’s page 6 is the real page 5, I think? So why is there an offset of 1 at the start of the chapter but an offset of 2 at the end? :exploding_head:

Hmmm so I checked some scans from an actual physical book, and I think I found the discrepancy that might explain this.

So, the table of contents says that Chapter 0 starts on page 3 for this physical version. However, the page containing the title of the Chapter 友達のハジマリ is followed by page 5 … which means that the Chapter actually starts one page before the actual page with the chapter title.

The numbering seems different from the digital version (I also have 5 in the table of contents, not 3), but I am guessing the same numbering scheme happened, so page 5 in the digital version is correctly the one after the table of contents:

1 Like

Oh, thank you! That explains so much :rofl:

I had assumed that the page containing the chapter title would be page 5 haha
(Well, I mean, they can write in their table of contents whatever they like, I guess :wink: )

Now my peace of mind is restored.

1 Like

Hase and Fujimiya are both SOOOOOO FREAKING CUTE! And Shougo is a great friend. I was actually expecting Fujimiya to be a lot colder to Hase to push him away (as manga characters do), so I was pretty surprised when she actually told him about her memory resetting in Chapter 0 as I thought that would come a lot later after he’d kind of figured it out on his own somehow and confronted her. It’s nice to see her just being honest and opening up to him.:heart:

In terms of difficulty, it’s pretty good. The 4-koma parts take me a little longer to read because they’re so much more dense, but I enjoy how they are kind of self-contained so I can just read one or two if I’m too tired to read a ton of Japanese and not feel like I’m stopping in the middle of something happening.

Looking forward to lots more cuteness in the upcoming chapters! :grin:

7 Likes

I just finished this weeks reading. Just in time! I like the manga, it’s cute. And the drawing’s are nice. The difficulty is great. Though I have to look up vocabulary every so often, the grammar is mostly all right. I really had to get used to the colloquial way of speaking, but I guess that’s just practice.

Yes, me too! And I have to say, I was really really glad there wasn’t that extra drama included, since when there’s too much of that stuff, I tend to get frustrated and angry at the book/manga I read. ^^;

2 Likes

Chapter 0 was originally a one-off story, so it’s fairly self-contained. But once it became a running series, they were able to nah, no spoilers here!

4 Likes

Ah I didn’t know that; that makes a lot more sense then!

I didn’t read this text at all, but I think in this sentence 振り is intended to mean “pretend”.