一文字(いちもんじ)mnemonic

I really hate drawing straight lines. We had to do it in school drawing class, and I always got dinged because my lines weren’t perfectly straight (I prefer curves). Every time they told us to draw straight lines, I let out one big MOAN (ichi moan). Not just any MOAN, the biggest MOAN, the ICHI ban MOAN, or ICHI-MOAN for short.

Likewise, I really hate remembering this Kanji. Every time I get is wrong, I let out one huge ICHI MOAN.

I’ve slightly mistyped it so many times that I let out a huge MOAN every time I see this word. This truly is the #1 kanJI for moans, the ultimate ICHI-MOAN-JI

13 Likes

Here’s another mnemonic (if you can call it that).
一 is a straight line. 文字 is a letter. 一文字 is a straight letter, also called a line.
BTW it would probably be 1つ moan (or some other counter. Counters are the death of me.)

1 Like

Thanks. I remember the meaning. I just kept forgetting the もん reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too.

It doesn’t help that it was introduced to me around the same time as 一本気 (いっぽんぎ). :frowning:

2 Likes

Wanikani: 一文字

Me: “ipponki”

Wanikani: WRONG

me: ICHIMONJI!!!

2 Likes

FOR THE LONGEST TIME YEES lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.