ナニコレ? ワカラン!

m-n8VfAMntg
I don’t understand what she says!
「ドタマニ トンネルカイツー。」ッテナンダヨ!
Maybe somebody can at least represent this in kanji?

1 Like

It’s really hard to see 'cause the image is so low quality, but I think it’s ど頭にトンネル開始!
“I’m going to start drilling through your head!”

It can be hard to parse stuff when it’s all in katakana, but I think it gets easier after the first couple times. Do keep in mind that the は particle becomes ハ and not ワ.

4 Likes

Those last three katakana were カイツ though and not カイシ

2 Likes

That looks like a ツ to me, not シ, so maybe it’s meant to be 開通? :thinking:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think you might be right. The text is so degraded in the original image, it’s really hard to tell.:thinking:

4 Likes

Actual footage of me trying to tell if it’s ツ or シ

com-resize

9 Likes

Pretty clear to me that it’s a ツ

4 Likes

Giving me flashbacks, to the robots in Chrono Trigger.
Katakana only dialogues are ass.

5 Likes

6 Likes

ど頭に = in your head (derog)
トンネル = tunnel
開通 = opening (a new road, rail line / going into service) noun/suruvb

4 Likes

Ah, Dorohedoro. If I remember that scene correctly @oyotta is right.

1 Like

Sorry for the low quality. I wish I had some manga stores in my town, but I have to purchase and wait for its 到着 into my house, and this waiting takes a lo~ng time here, so I found some shitty scans.
But yeah, there is definitely ツ, and the word become カイツー, or かいつう.

Yeah, man. This is the scene, where some 十字目-guy shot in the 能井’s head, and the bullet went through and left a tunnel there. That’s what 恵比寿 want to say I think. (Hmm, why does she has such a cool name if she such a weak non-main character (stuff that happens with her, which meant to be gags, actually, 気に入らない to me, honestly). I’m only on 魔の17, so maybe there will be something later, I guess.)

Thanks for the answers, guys. When I was reading this moment and not understanding this 台詞, I was in the bus, and I could look it up at jisho.org, at least, but I just wanted to post something here :sweat_smile: And now 自分の愚かさ(stupidity)と疎かさ(negligence, don’t know if I can attach さ to おろか)を解した, because it wasn’t that hard, I didn’t know ドタマ, and カイツー is such a word that when you see it kanji you know what it is, but when it’s in kana (or sound), it can be anything for you.
もう一度、ありがと~ :sparkles:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.