デスノート ・ Death Note 📓 Vol. 2

In chapter 10, サッブ vs (あけぼの) should be about 相撲(すもう)?

1 Like

Boxing or kickboxing (but still of the heavyweight variety :smile:), it seems:

1 Like

I forgot to comment on chapter 10-11, but yeah. These chapters allow us to settle down again after the dramatic conclusion of ch 8-9.

There’s some big changes for the Kira investigation: it’s clear that Kira will kill those who go after him, so a lot of people resign from the case. Those who remain are few, and they also demand answers from L (much as Light had hoped): how are they to trust in L when he had the Japanese investigators themselves investigated?

In the end, L acknowledges that they should meet. So, that’s the next big change: the investigation literally moving shop to the hotel room where L is staying.

Meanwhile, toward the end of ch 11 we see Light worrying about whether his actions and movements from disposing of the FBI in Japan, has left any big clues to his identity… dun dun dun つづく…

1 Like

12 - (かみ)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

Vocabulary list

デスノート ・ Death Note Vocabulary - Google Sheets

2 Likes

Chapter 12 thougths

Well, Light goes full psychopathic stalker in this chapter. He’s all smiles talking to Penbar’s fiancée while pumping her for info and planning to get rid of her. :fearful:

2 Likes

13 - (びょうよみ)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

Vocabulary list

1 Like
This is the smile of someone who got lucky and is loving it

2 Likes

The colored version really is stunning! :astonished: just wow!

2 Likes

Chapter 13 秒讀(びょうよみ thoughts

Finally we get to see Light sweat for real! XD Clearly, this woman should have stayed in the force! It’s fun to watch Light struggle against her precautions, while Ryuk is having fun at Light’s expense! :grin:

And with L more closely “in charge” of the Japanese police, they’re also doing the same: false names and badges. Light is up for a challenge moving forward.

Also, that misleading translation of the new rules for the chapter. XD If you didn’t have the Japanese text you’d be forgiven for thinking the Death Note itself will be rendered useless if you manage to misspell one person’s name 4 times. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

14 - 誘惑(ゆうわく)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

Vocabulary list

The more I read the series, the more I see/hear 月’s short clips, the more I want to watch the animation in full-length. This is 誘惑.

lol :joy: , I let chapter number typo being alive for a whole week.

2 Likes

p.138
Gotta love Matsuda, getting all excited about the belts with a transmitter! XD

Chapter thoughts:

Light’s clearly enjoying the power he’s wielding over other humans, taking their lives. He’s moving down an increasingly dark path.

2 Likes

15 - 電話(でんわ)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

Vocabulary list

1 Like

Not yet? Please be my companions (and update the poll), when you are ready.

16 - 逆立(さかだち)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

Vocabulary list

3 Likes

I read a little about イオカード. It appears to come from going IN and going OUT. (Then, it should have been アイオカード…)

Nothing related to イオンカード.

3 Likes

I’ve been falling behind, but I think I will continue reading today and tomorrow. I’m not sure if I can catch up completely and I don’t know if I will continue with volume 3 (depends on how I like the rest of volume 2).

3 Likes

I’m not quite behind, just behind on posting. But then again, I’m not sure I will continue reading…yet. It depends.

I’m gonna make FLESH & BLOOD my priority in the coming month and so, I suspect that keeping up with the anime clubs, my own watching and one book club is enough on my plate.

But, we’ll see! This manga I can read fast at least, so I might wanna use it as warming up before my reading of FLESH & BLOOD! :wink:

In any case, I’ll try posting for the remainder of volume 2 at least. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

May was a busy month for me so I lagged behind for a bit. But I am caught up now =)

2 Likes

Okay, I’m all caught up! I don’t plan to continue with volume 3, though. It was nice to read some volumes of such a well-known manga and I liked the wordiness, but I’ve got too many other things I want to read (and if it continues for 12 volumes with all the twists and narrow escapes then it’s a bit too much for me).

Thank you for running the continuation club @polv !

Yeah, and she should have stayed in the story! (I assume she’s really gone…) It’s really sad that she fell for Light’s trick… I thought she was smarter than that.

Yeah, that was great :joy:

Yeah, I loved the 「子供の遊びじゃないんだ」because they really are acting as schoolchildren being all impressed and nervous about everything that L says :smile:

2 Likes

Please answer polls here. Then, I would make the decision about the pace on Jun 10, Thu.

2 Likes

Thinking about it, won’t the last person to see 女 (before she has gone missing ) immediately be a prime suspect, especially that the family is already a suspect ?

Just ask police department’s front, L.

1 Like