シャドーハウス Volume 8

Volume 8 Discussion Thread

Start Date: 2023-06-02T15:00:00Z

シャドーハウス Reading Club Home Thread

Vocabulary Lists

Reading Schedule

This schedule is currently tentative, as pacing is decided upon.

Week Start Date Pages No. of Pages Chapter
Week 1 June 3 5–32 28 pages Ch 87 視察
Ch 88 値踏み
Week 2 June 10 33–62 30 pages Ch 89 甘言
Ch 90 千載一遇
Week 3 June 17 63–94 32 pages Ch 91 ケイト
Ch 92 顔の見えない人形(1)
Week 4 June 24 95–127 33 pages Ch 93 顔の見えない人形(2)
Ch 94 内通者
Week 5 July 1 128–167 40 pages Ch 95 あれから
Ch 96 これから
Week 6 July 8 168-184 17 pages Ch 97 信じられるもの

Discussion Rules

• If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
  • Please mention the chapter and page number.
  • Please use spoiler tags for major events.
  • If you read ahead, please hold questions until during or after the appropriate week.
4 Likes

Chapters 87 and 88

Start Date: 2023-06-02T15:00:00Z

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll. (You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I have finished this part.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

5 Likes

I think you missed the part where the three chapter suggestion was for the first three chapters since they are shorter than the last three chapters. (Though that option is currently losing anyway.)

6 Likes

I vaguely recall seeing that before, but forgot it with my bad memory =(

6 Likes

Chapters 89 and 90

Start Date: 2023-06-08T15:00:00Z

08_X10000_000015_2_033_001z

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll. (You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

6 Likes
Story comments

Thinga are heating up! What are you doing Sara :weary: It’s true that she doesn’t have the full context, but Edward is playing her like a fiddle (or a piano?)!

5 Likes
Accidental trust exercise

6 Likes

I…I forgot that the manga was also in black and white and it took me a moment to recognize the scene because of that. :joy: I say “also” like that isn’t the default…

8 Likes

Chapters 91 and 92

Start Date: 2023-06-15T15:00:00Z

x08_X10000_000015_2_063_001

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

6 Likes
Chapter 92 spoilers

Holy mother of all cats, the cliffhanger is brutal

5 Likes

This week’s reading broke me. I had to read ahead. But I stopped myself after one extra week’s worth! I’ll miss Shadow House next week though :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

Chapters 93 and 94

Start Date: 2023-06-22T15:00:00Z

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.
  • I’m mostly MIA for the next two weeks, so I’m going to fall waaaay behind. Wish me luck on catching up in July.

0 voters

5 Likes
Comments

She’s baaaccckk

Not creepy at all Christopher

6 Likes
Story comments

I was so happy to see her again! I’m guessing the little morph is Sherry.

5 Likes

Chapters 95 and 96

Start Date: 2023-06-29T15:00:00Z

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

5 Likes
Story comments

I won’t give myself any credit for calling the Sherry thing, because it was super obvious. But they followed up on that way more quickly than I expected.

Also, I’m too lazy to go back and check, but I’m pretty sure Sherry parkouring in Kate’s room was hinted at during that scene when it was happening. The サササ from the perspective of the shelf looks familiar to me.

By the way, how did Kate slap John with her hair? Is the idea that since they emit soot, their hair gets covered in it, which she can then manipulate?

Edward said in an earlier chapter that he would assume the star bearers are rebels if the human kids didn’t get the special coffee, and Mia and Doug are so down to narc on them. AND Patrick remembered his name! Ram just resurfaced, and they are already setting up more big events. The story is going so hard!

5 Likes

Offhand I’m not seeing any hinting there, but for those who want to check, it’s volume 4, chapters 47 and 48.

4 Likes

Yes, it is there. Chapter 48, just before an Edward scene.

sasasa

5 Likes

Ah, there it is. I completely missed seeing that one.

4 Likes

Thanks to both of you for finding it! Now we just sit and wait for a Shadow House video game that consists entirely of Sherry stealth parkouring throughout the house.

6 Likes