Ch 80 日常
Week 4 May 13 99–126 28 pages Ch 81 新しい班長
Ch 82 エミリコ班
Week 5 May 20 127–154 28 pages Ch 83 難題
Ch 84 ルール違反
Week 6 May 27 155–182 28 pages Ch 85 特別な珈琲
Ch 86 管理者の思惑

Discussion Rules

• If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
  • Please mention the chapter and page number.
  • Please use spoiler tags for major events.
  • If you read ahead, please hold questions until during or after the appropriate week.
5 Likes

Chapters 75 and 76

Start Date: 2023-04-21T15:00:00Z

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll. (You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I have finished this part.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

6 Likes
Ch 76 story comments

Are the kids who are being taught all kids who passed the お披露目? It seems like there are a lot of them, and they seem pretty young. Sarah and Mia look like little kids. Maybe the rule that only kids who passed it can be out and about wasn’t in place yet, or maybe they were ignoring it.

6 Likes
Comments

ローズマリー and バービー dancing in the background is so cute. Young バービー is blursed tho, she has the エミリコ innocence face, I don’t know what to make of it

It’s interesting how she isn’t using わたし here. I guess we will learn soon why

5 Likes
They are, for sure.

sarah

6 Likes

…It was SO HARD to stop reading at the end of the coming reading! Holy cow.

5 Likes

Chapters 77 and 78

Start Date: 2023-04-28T15:00:00Z

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll. (You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.
0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

Sounds like I need to hurry and catch up again. (I’m only a few pages into last week’s reading.)

7 Likes

This is why I’m now on volume 11.

8 Likes

We’re basically at the end of season 2 of the anime. In a few more chapters, we’re going to come up to unknown territory for me. Not knowing what comes next is going to make it even harder for me to stop!

8 Likes

Chapters 79 and 80

Start Date: 2023-05-05T15:00:00Z

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

6 Likes
Wild speculation based on ch. 79

So, as far as I remember and understand, Mary Rose told Kate the story of Christopher and Anthony. According to how it went, Christopher was “called” to the adults’ tower, learned about the “unification” with his “face” and, in theory, committed suicide.

As far as I remember, the story doesn’t specify if Christopher learns about the unification when he was already at the adults’ tower, or before, but since it is supposed to be a highly guarded secret, chances are he learned about it when he arrived to the adults’ tower. This makes Anthony escaping after Christopher’s suicide highly unlikely, given the adults are even more powerful and he’s a puny human.

When Mary Rose tells the story, Anthony appears in her room, but as far as I remember, there’s no details on how much time passed since Christopher went away and Anthony appearing there.

During chapter 79, when he speaks with Kate, he insists that he’s a powerless human - then also happens to disappear very mysteriously. That made me wonder if, instead, he’s not really Anthony, but Christopher who has not committed suicide, but instead has gone through unification - maybe he was forced into it when he was at the adults’ tower, or only realized what was going on after the process finished. And maybe he’s now trying to get revenge for Anthony, who has basically died. Maybe he feels that if he reveals he’s actually Christopher that would make him less credible since he’s technically killed Anthony…

7 Likes

I just now realized I had read chapter 78 and 79 in one sitting, didn’t even see the chapter change at all

Theory

I mean, it honestly makes sense. What I don’t get is why Mary Rose doesn’t say anything about Anthony after that, and which is also what I think Emiriko or Kate think. hmmm

7 Likes
r.e. not telling

I thought Anthony had told Kate that he asked Mary Rose not to say anything about him.

2 Likes

Chapters 81 and 82

Start Date: 2023-05-12T15:00:00Z

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

6 Likes
Story comments for chapters 81 and 82

One thing I thought was kind of weird is that the squad tea parties are presented as an obvious way for the squad leaders to stay in touch with their squad members. But if Kate didn’t know about it, that means Mary Rose didn’t do it. Maybe that was just one of the things that made their squad weird compared to the others?

6 Likes

Chapters 83 and 84

Start Date: 2023-05-19T15:00:00Z

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.
  • I’ll catch up…eventually?

0 voters

6 Likes

I guess this is mostly because they think of them as toys, but it’s still so weird how everyone is handling the death of ベル, expecting her twin to pick up the slack and such, and not giving her any moment to grieve, so cruel

10 Likes

For real, I found the twins kinda insufferable, but this situation is just way more than they deserved, and it is really quite sad to see.

8 Likes

I imagine if they were still getting their coffee that she wouldn’t feel the loss of her sister or the need to grieve.

Phew, after being five and a half chapters behind earlier today, I’m finally caught up!

4 Likes

Chapters 85 and 86

Start Date: 2023-05-26T15:00:00Z

Participation

• I’m reading along.
  • I will catch up later.

0 voters

5 Likes