シメジシミュレーション・Shimeji Simulation 🍄 (Beginner Book Club)

Disclaimer: BookWalker version of course is at 50% back as coins right now, all the comparison is purely about image quality differences.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the 50% back as coins. Is that something bookwalker dose often?

Sometimes? But Amazon also does it sometimes. The key is noticing when they are doing it for the title you want :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: And I said of course because the @Micki was talking about it first but I’ve realized just now that it was in the other thread.

Anyway, there is nearly always some promo going on somewhere. The problem is, does it cover the titles you want, do you like the rules (like, with money back as coins you have to buy something next for it to make sense), don’t you mind your library scattered, do you like the site/app UI… and so on.

2 Likes

I was worried when I saw this message, so downloaded the Kindle Sample to the iPad app I use for reading manga – but it’s actually fine, no worse than usual anyway. Obviously when you zoom you can visibly see the compression, but that’s pretty much the same for other manga even on other stores like Kobo.

Not sure how well these will upload (maybe discourse compresses images? Maybe iOS does too?), but

here are some screenshots of different Kindle manga on an old iPad at normal zoom and max zoom

2 Likes

Yes, pretty much. One always gets 1% coins back with each buying process, and when you spend x amount in one month, you get a higher percentage the next month (just for one month though). The more you spend, the higher the percentage. This applies to all products.

And then there are promos and sales and stuff like that (e.g. right now is Obon sale). This does not cover all books in general but is much higher most of the time (e.g. 40% discount and 50% coin cashback (on the discounted price) can happen sometimes), but usually only for a very short time period, and without much prior notice. The books are marked with a yellow banner for discount and a red banner for coin cashback.

Oh, and of course the coins will only be valid for so long (6 months maybe? don’t recall…).

3 Likes

By the way, a promotional ‘voice comic’ exists for the first two chapters of this. Might be helpful for people to watch it after reading week one, or before, or something like that.

5 Likes

Thanks for checking it out on the Kindle PC version!

My kindle is set to Australia region, so I had checked the .jp browser version thinking that they would display the same source! My bad! Thanks for clearing the confusion up! :smiley:

1 Like

Gosh I hope my copy arrives in time. I know there are still 3+ weeks to go, but I’m getting kind of nervous :scream:

5 Likes

I once ordered something from Japan with “surface shipping”. I don’t recommend unless you enjoy the feeling of watching the seasons pass by while you wait for your package.

Edit: For those who are curious, the word surface refers to the fact that your package is transported across the surface of the earth only. None of this fancy metal birds in the sky stuff.

4 Likes

I’m kinda relying on my local Kinokuniya getting new copies in just in time, as it did for Yuru Camp. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Screw it, not my cup of tea but I want to read more. There discussion boards are noice. Count me in.

7 Likes

I haven’t done one of these before. Is the idea that we read the chapter before the 26th and then start discussing it on the 26th?

It means that we start reading and discussing chapter 1 from the 26th.

2 Likes

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did your copy of the book show up yet Radish?

2 Likes

Uhh… not yet :see_no_evil: but a different order that shipped only a few days beforehand showed up last week, so I have hope :grimacing:

4 Likes

Hey Radish!

I don’t know if this helps but i’ve typed up the sentences for Chapter 01, ran them through Japanese Support in Anki for bracketed furigana, and done a low-budget translation via GoogleTranslate in Sheets.

Hosted the xlsx here:

2 Likes

Oooh, nice work!

I think I should be okay for a couple of weeks if they don’t arrive in time, because the first two chapters are available on comic.pixiv.

1 Like

Hi there!
That was great work for first chapter! I added english translation hope it will be helpful:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the translation!

I don’t mind helping out processing more chapters too