シメジシミュレーション・Shimeji Simulation 🍄 (Beginner Book Club)

Just a note that I don’t think you should share your work on this publicly after ~chapter 2. Probably pushing the legality to post every single sentence in order!

3 Likes

Point taken :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey, we start this weekend! That seems to have come around quickly!

5 Likes

Oof, where did the time go?

Tragically, Kinokuniya hasn’t yet had copies in. Though, I think they restock the shelves on Thursdays, so there’s still one more chance…

3 Likes

It arrived! Just in the nick of time.

giphy

It’s hecking big too, I wasn’t expecting it to be such a nice large format. Always good for the eyes!

13 Likes

It begins!

For those who are new, we usually post the discussion threads roughly around this time so that they’re available for those near the date line who are waking up on the appropriate date.

Get reading!

13 Likes

Week / Chapter 2

I was really hoping I’d have time to do some pre-population of the vocab sheet this week, but it’s the start of term and thus I find myself with so much work I might as well be doing two jobs.

Hopefully I can do some reading now :slightly_smiling_face:

okay maybe tomorrow dear lord when well it end

6 Likes

What about this reading speed poll for weeks 3+?

1 Like

:+1: I thought we could give it 48 hours - kind of tight cos I want people to have read enough to know how fast they want to go.

Anyway, onwards…

How fast do you want to read the rest of the volume?

• Continue at one chapter per week
  • Read two chapters per week
  • I don’t mind

0 voters

3 Likes

One chapter a week is more inclusive, so that’s what I am voting for. It’s not that many weeks anyway

2 Likes

I’ve voted 2 chapters, but of course I’m fine with slower schedule too.

3 Likes

Well this looks fairly conclusive :grin:

Looks like we’ll be continuing with a pace of one chapter per week. I’ll update all the things this weekend.

5 Likes

Week / Chapter 3

And so we continue with just the one chapter this week :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Week / Chapter 4

かたち? かたち

3 Likes

Week / Chapter 5

Halfway through once you finish this chapter! if you ignore the fact that the last chapter is longer ahem

5 Likes

Week / Chapter 6

Second half of the volume!

6 Likes

Week / Chapter 7

:mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

I can’t really swing this as any significant milestone, so have some motivational mushrooms instead :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Usually at this point we start asking whether anyone wants to carry on reading the next volume. I had a look for it on Book Walker and… it doesn’t exist yet!

According to Wikipedia this manga is serialised in the magazine Comic Cune, starting Jan 2019, with the compilation volume we are reading published in Feb 2020.

Looking on Book Walker, chapter 19 was published in the November edition of Comic Cune (there is no chapter in the December edition). So hopefully not too long a wait for volume 2!

12 Likes

Week / Chapter 8

@Micki - yes, I think Marcus discovered it thanks to all the promotion around its release. Definitely a conversation we’ll have to return to, for once :open_mouth: and if we want to keep going after that it’s always going to be a long wait between volumes! I reckon it might be a good few months before volume 2 comes out even, if chapter 20 won’t be published until January at the earliest.

(Posting a bit early this week cos my evening will be busy)

8 Likes

Week / Chapter 9

Penultimate week! :open_mouth: genuinely can’t believe we’re at this point already.

8 Likes