Join the Intermediate Book Club Here!
キノの旅 Home Thread
Chapter 2 (part 1/2)
Start Date: March 23rd
Previous Chapter: Week 2
Next Chapter: Week 4
Week 3 Reading: Chapter 2 (1/2)
Until p.62 (「[…]順を追って話そう。」)
Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for キノの旅!
(Direct link to discord server)
Reading aloud group
For more info see thread here
With update dates:
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
- I’m reading along
- I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
- I’m no longer reading the book
- I’m skipping this book
What’s happening with the reading along/aloud group this week, by the way?
Same times as before as far as I know.
Has it already been a week? That went by fast!
Thanks! I just copied them from the thread (just updated the dates for clarity).
Week 3? Oh god but I’m not even done with Week 2.
Why am I so busy
I’ve been meaning to reread the last two pages of chapter one, but I’ve been slacking off.
Solution: read both chapter 2 and 3 tomorrow.
Then @QuackingShoe will be, what, 3 or 4 weeks ahead? Ambitious!
Oh, thats right! In my head chapter = week.
Even more impressive: adding that monster of a chapter 4 to the mix.
Thanks! Making the post, I was positive I forgot to edit something, but couldn’t find what
I hope you appreciate how many things can go wrong when making one of these posts.
I’m going to write a script for next time, then
- Copy title and contents from previous week’s thread.
- Update chapter number and title.
- Update start date.
- Update reference to previous week.
- Update vocab sheet link (if relevant).
- Update voice chat times (if relevant)
- Post new thread.
- In last week’s thread, link to the current week.
- In home thread, link to the current week.
Have someone correct you.
Fix all the things.
You’d think as a software engineer I’d automate more, but
I’m just going to make an XML template, with a config file describing a specific book and keeping updated references to each thread to make the links.
I don’t know if the Discourse allows API posts, but at least I can generate the content easily.
We’re going to be hanging out on Discord and hoping you join us