🐶 わんわん探偵団 🕵 Home Thread - Doggy Detectives!

Either pace will work fine for me. Finally just about caught up after a crazy end of the school semester for me. Excited to be reading “live” with everybody again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m interested in joining, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to just skip case 1 altogether and join you all the 1st of June for the second case. Do you think it’ll be okay even though I’ll miss some context? Otherwise I’ll just wait for the next book club ^^

1 Like

It should be fine :slightly_smiling_face: if you want the background of the protagonist, you could just read pages 6 - 8 for some context. The only other character you need to know about is Inspector Kuroboshi, who is described on page 4; there’s a character list.

3 Likes

First one of these I joined it was on case 3 and it really wasn’t a problem.

4 Likes

ok, thanks!! :blush: I’ll buy it then (or try at least) and check that before starting to read the second case.

4 Likes

Great news! Bienvenidos a nuestro humilde club de libros :grin:

4 Likes

We are back!

This week we start the second case, the longest in the book.

5 Likes

Week 9 (Story Two Part 2)

3 Likes

@Radish8 I was just wondering, do you deliberately close the participation polls for each thread after a while? Or do the polls time out after a period and close themselves? I was thinking people catching up might want to mark their participation.

1 Like

Week 10 Story Two Part 3

Nice to see so many people still reading along! Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

7 Likes

@frayderike I sense a presence :eyes: :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m back, yes. :rofl: Catching up now. Finished case 1 and will read the solution part tomorrow. Maybe even read some pages of case 2 tomorrow as well.

8 Likes

Great to have you back!

1 Like

Last part of Story Two’s case!

5 Likes

Now reading along :grinning:

7 Likes

Week 12!

This week we’re starting the (rather long!) solution to story two. Stepping up a little bit to 6 pages per week as well.

6 Likes

Week 13

Everyone alright with the six pages?

8 Likes

I’m just starting and hoping to catch up by the start of case 3. I’m also in the なぜ?どうして?科学のお話2年生 bookclub but I’m really enjoying the different style of this book. I’m already learning a lot of small, casual sounding Japanese since the dialogue in わんわん is unlike anything in that book.

8 Likes

Nice! Yeah, I can imagine it’s good to get the exposure both to fiction and non-fiction. Glad to have you with us :blush:

4 Likes

Week 14

Penultimate part of this story! It’s a colourful one :grin:

7 Likes